Found Out What My Cramps Are | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Found Out What My Cramps Are Found Out What My Cramps Are

Unread 10-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Found Out What My Cramps Are

I could not take the pain anymore I went to my regular doc today. I have a bad kidney infection. When I got there I was running a fever and now I am so sick to my stomach. He said I was lucky I came in today or I would have been really sick by tomorrow. He gave me antibiotics and some bladder pain and spasm medicine. I hope it works fast! I think I need to go lay down before I barf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2006, 11:40 AM

Hi Irish,

Oh I am glad you know what it is and getting treatment. Those do not go away on their own. I get the occasional bladder infection too, and have found within a day or two I can tell how much the antibiotics have helped. You will feel much better in a couple days.

Take care and rest now. I'm glad you know now and will start to feel better real soon.
Unread 10-25-2006, 01:29 PM

Glad you caught the infection! It's so easy right now to "blow off" other pains as relating to our hysters... Thanks for that reminder!

Now then, get some rest and hoping for quick recovery for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2006, 01:41 PM

Oh Irish, that just has to hurt.
I am sorry to hear you have this complication.
On the brighter side though, think of how great you are going to feel when the antibiotics kick in and kick that bacteria's butt to the curb.

Please do, or have someone else do something extra special for yourself. (where do you live? - I am coming over to paint your toe nails a nice pretty pink!) lol - I am not even cleared to drive yet.... a girl can dream though...

Truly, do spoil yourself and get this infection cleared up.
Hugs
Unread 10-25-2006, 03:36 PM

Thanks girls you make me laugh. The nausea has passed praise the lord. I tried to sleep but who can do that when you have to pee every five minutes. LOL! They gave me medicine for the cramps and it make your pee look like orange gatorade. At least my pee is pretty! I am sure I will feel 100% by tomorrow as I am on some serious antibiotics they gave me the big guns levaquin 500mg. It was really hard for me to tell it was a kidney infection with all the other discomfort. I figured it out when I was in the waiting room at the doc office and I started to feel like I was about to have a barfarama. I wonder if my bladder pain is worse because it was beaten up by the surgery. I have never had such pain in my bladder from a infection. Usually I can not tell I have one until it's in my kidneys. But that is a whole other story why it pushes straight into my kidneys. Thanks again girls.
Unread 10-25-2006, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish88
Thanks girls you make me laugh. The nausea has passed praise the lord. I tried to sleep but who can do that when you have to pee every five minutes. LOL! They gave me medicine for the cramps and it make your pee look like orange gatorade. At least my pee is pretty! I am sure I will feel 100% by tomorrow as I am on some serious antibiotics they gave me the big guns levaquin 500mg. It was really hard for me to tell it was a kidney infection with all the other discomfort. I figured it out when I was in the waiting room at the doc office and I started to feel like I was about to have a barfarama. I wonder if my bladder pain is worse because it was beaten up by the surgery. I have never had such pain in my bladder from a infection. Usually I can not tell I have one until it's in my kidneys. But that is a whole other story why it pushes straight into my kidneys. Thanks again girls.
FYI - that pretty orange pee of yours will stain your clothes and anything it touches (lovely experience tells me so) You might want to wear a panty liner to save your undies - less of course those are the ones you had full intention of burning because you will never need "that time of the month undies" again

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register