7 wks post op - did the deed and all is well. There really is hope girls! :) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 wks post op - did the deed and all is well.  There really is hope girls!  :) 7 wks post op - did the deed and all is well. There really is hope girls! :)

Unread 05-02-2008, 12:50 AM
7 wks post op - did the deed and all is well. There really is hope girls! :)

Sorry ahead of time that this is a little personal... However I have to say that this is one of the biggest issues I was concerned about after surgery. So here goes...

As I've said before, I had a great sex life prior to surgery. However after surgery, I started reading about women who ended up having to have major surgery all over again after having sex (some even after being cleared from their doctor). So I was literally frightened to have sex again.

My boyfriend was 100% supportive of me, and he was even willing to wait another month until he was assured I was 200% healed from surgery... Now mind you, I was actually cleared from my oncologist over 2 weeks ago to have sex, as long as we took it slow. However I just didn't feel ready at the time. So I waited a little longer...

Well, Tuesday night I just couldn't take it anymore! LOL... It had been almost 7 weeks, and I really felt ready, although I will admit I was still nervous. Also, as I've said before, my boyfriend is well-endowed - especially in length - so that made me doubly nervous. So we took things slowly, but all went very well. I couldn't believe it, but I even orgasmed. I was so afraid that I would bleed or something afterwards, but all was perfectly fine. I was even shocked that I didn't need any extra lubrication (although I am on Vivelle, so I'm sure that helped).

Since then, we've even tried a couple of other positions, and as long as I am careful, I don't have pain. I even pulled off my "signature" move (nope, can't give those secrets out! LOL) and all was well.

So to those of you out there who are worried (like I was), I just wanted to post this to let you know that you can look forward to sex again!!!! Yes, some problems may arise, but I would guess to say that it's not the "norm" for complications to arise.

Obviously I'm not a dr, so ALWAYS talk to your doctor. But hopefully this helps give you some hope for a great sex life again!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2008, 06:55 AM

thank you for your encouragement I really needed that today, I am 6 weeks post op already and my doctor released me 3 weeks ago, but I waited a little longer just like you did, but now I think its time...
Unread 05-02-2008, 07:35 AM

Good luck to you then! Pray all goes well... I really think you do know when it's time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2008, 07:46 AM

I am 6 weeks post op and was cleared from my Dr yesterday. DH and I tried last night and I was really nearvous. I still have a tender spot on the inside of the vagina or was it just tender form the DR examining me.We will try again. We took it slow but I had to stop sooner than I wanted. Still need alittle time to get back in the swing of things.
Unread 05-02-2008, 08:24 AM

as long as you are careful everything works out fine.
i still have a little pain with certain positions, and still DH mentions the mystery stitch up in there that pokes him occasionally!!
glad you had a good time!!
Unread 05-02-2008, 09:07 AM

I really want to hear about your signature move!!!!

Only kidding. Glad that things are going well for you.

Downyocean but you can call me Kay.
Unread 05-02-2008, 09:13 AM

You don't know how many of us you gave hope to today!
Congratulations - it is wonderful to hear of such SUCCESS stories

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register