New Here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-26-2008, 09:55 AM
New Here

I had a laproscopic procedure last month for painful intercourse and bleeding. The Dr. found a small cyst on my uterus and an abrasion on my cervix. She did say my unterus was soft like i was pregnant and had vercoise veins on the outside, she also said everytime she touched my cervix it bled. She did a D&C to see if that would help with the pain. Unfortunately the pain is still there during intercourse. I feel like it is causing problems in my marriage. She said the next alternative is a abdominal hysterectomy. I found out my insurance would cover the hysterectomy 100% if i have it this year. This seems like a very big decision. I have three kids and i don't want to have anymore, so that's not an issue. I am scared of gaining weight, huge scar, hormones being messed up. I could use all the advice you ladies offer. I want to make the best decision possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2008, 11:28 AM
New Here

Hi! I Am 30 And Just Had An Lavh Last Week. It Was A Very Very Big Decision To Make For Me. I Have Had Cell Dysplasia On My Cervix, A Miscarriage,fibroids In My Uterus, Cyst On My Ovaries And Horrid Pelvic Pain And Pain During Intercourse. My Pain And Symptoms Were Starting To Affect My Life In More Ways Than I Could Imagine. I Too Was Scared About Weight Gain, Mood Swings, Scaring, All The "bad" Things That Might Come Along With This. And Most Of All Everyone Telling Me I Was Too Young To Have This Done. I Had To Look At It Like This...did I Want To Spend The Rest Of My Life Dealing With What Pains And Symptoms Were Going To Come Next? I Have Had A Couple Surgeries Because Of All This And After Each One My Symptoms Kept Coming Back. I Just Wanted To Feel Like Myself Again. I Know If I Gain Some Weight There Are Ways To Work It Off And Watch What I Eat. A Scar On My Abd Area Is Easier To Hide Than The Pain I Was Feeling Every Day. And My Mood Swings Couldnt Get Any Worse Than What I Was Already Going Through Just Being Moody About My Pain And Symptoms. I Wanted To Feel Better Physically And Emotionally. I Know It Has Only Been A Little Over A Week Since My Surgery But I Can Honestly Say I Feel Better I Know In My Heart I Made The Right Decision And I Hope You Do Too
Unread 09-26-2008, 11:45 AM
New Here

Thank you so much for your encouraging words, I just lost a really close friend to cervical cancer and i made her a promise i would do whatever it takes to make sure i take care of myself in that area. I am also 30 and can't imagine going through this the rest of my life. I'll keep you posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2008, 11:53 AM
New Here

Please do! i am very sorry to hear about your friend. I lost my mom to breast cancer and know it is very hard to deal with a loss due to cancer. My doctor took out everything including both ovaries and cervix. i did not want to deal with any of it anymore Female problems are the worst!!! please feel free to write back at anytime! i can try to help as much as possible. this is a very big decision for you but know that this too shall pass good luck with everything!
stacie
Unread 09-26-2008, 11:57 AM
New Here

Thank you so much. The Dr. said she would leave my ovaries and take out the uterus and the cervix. Death is very hard, i spent many nights at the hospital with her asking GOD why. God doesn't always answer our prayers the way we want him to. I go back to the Dr. Oct. 14th.
Unread 09-26-2008, 12:13 PM
New Here

I was asking the same questions when i was at the hospital with my mom. 7 years later i feel like i am still asking the same question..."why?" i would like to know how things work out for you! know you are not alone! do whatever you feel will make [u]you happy my nurse told me about this website and it has really helped alot...just talking to others that understand what you are going through is very comforting
Unread 09-26-2008, 12:21 PM
New Here

i already feel much comfort after reading other peoples experiences. I appreciate you responding to my post. The good thing is my friend and your mom are not suffering anymore and they are in a much better place than we are. I hope you have a great weekend.
Unread 09-26-2008, 12:30 PM
New Here

you too!! it was nice talking with you anytime

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register