cancelled... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:05 PM
cancelled...

Unfortunantly, a suspected adenomyosis diagnosis from my doctor (as well as a second opinion) wasnt good enough for my insurance company. Surgery was denied, and now we move on to appeals.

I'm just sitting here feeling helpless at this point. Bleeding again, In pain and the light at the end of the tunnel is gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2013, 06:14 PM
Re: cancelled...

Grrr those greedy insurance companies! Hope you win the appeal fast!
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:42 PM

So sorry.and hugs to you. I hope this resolves quick for you. Peace and prayers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2013, 07:18 PM

I'm so sorry I agree with BendyJen....greedy insurance companies!! Good luck with your appeal!!
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:36 AM

Thanks guys. Hubby has gotten the head of HR and owners of the company he works for involved to try and get us more info.

My Drs office is at a loss, they said that the denial came through with no info at all. No reason for denial, or extra criteria to meet or anything. She said they normally come through with a reason and reccomendations of further testing or alternate treatments they want you to try. We got nada, and the Dr isn't sure what they need from him. Ins company wouldn't give my hubby or myself any additional info either, so he decided to get the higher ups involved to get some answers. What a headache!
Unread 10-01-2013, 10:53 AM

Finally got am answer out of insurance about why they denied. Their reasons were : haven't been on a 3 month trial of birth control (I was on bc for periods for 6 months. Will never do it again. It worsened my migraines.) And no ablation done. My doctor is livid, and called immediatly to schedule a peer to peer. Hopefully he can make some headway with these people...who didn't even read the submitted paperwork it seems.
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:02 AM

I was told BC is contraindicated in those of us with migraines with aura. Do you have aura? My doctors all said that it increased the risk of stroke for those of us with auras and no one would prescribe it for me.

Those insurance companies need to get off the script and what boxes are checked and realize everyone is different and we can't all follow the same paths.

I'm so sorry you're going through this - I hope your doctor can sort it out for you.
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:10 AM

Yeah I do. Its normally this weird prickly feeling down my side and occasionally I get really dizzy before one hits. I was just in the hospital 3 months ago. .. my entire left Side of my body went numb. I thought I was having a stroke. The migraine hit about a half hour after I got there. So much fun!

The insurance companies are so confusing amd unhelpful. I'm glad my Doctor is involved, he says hes going to do everything he can.
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:17 AM

I'm so sorry you are going through this and now I am wondering what my insurance provider will say??
Unread 10-01-2013, 04:54 PM

Well, mines being difficult over a suspected adenomyosis diagnosis...not sure what your having a procedure for. Hopefully it'll go easier for you.

I jUst ended my period 3 days ago and startes again just a few minutes ago. I'm beyond tired of dealing with it all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register