TAH 9 days post hysterectomy - Heard a Pop - on the way to the ER | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 days post hysterectomy - Heard a Pop - on the way to the ER 9 days post hysterectomy - Heard a Pop - on the way to the ER

Unread 07-31-2014, 09:46 AM
9 days post hysterectomy - Heard a Pop - on the way to the ER

I am on the way to the ER with a towel pressed to my belly. I am 9 days post surgery TAH. I was reading on the potty and just leaned forward to put my book down and heard a pop. I put my hand on my incision and it came away bloody. I pressed toilet paper in a blotting motion and came up with dark blood. I stood up to look at my stomach in the mirror and pressed down and my incision parted. It had been glued on the outside with no dressing. My doctor is out of town and I am meeting his cover doctor at the E R right now. Will update later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2014, 09:56 AM
Re: Heard a Pop

Rcoop, so sorry to hear this! Please keep us updated. Praying that you're okay after this and they fix you up quick! {{{Hugs}}}
Unread 07-31-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDee View Post
Rcoop, so sorry to hear this! Please keep us updated. Praying that you're okay after this and they fix you up quick! {{{Hugs}}}
Thanks so much, they have admitted me and done a CAT scan. Waiting for the doc now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2014, 12:41 PM
Re: 9 days post hysterectomy - Heard a Pop - on the way to the ER

Rcoop17,
Omg I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you.You are doing the right thing by going to ER .They will properly stitch you up or staple you.I hope all goes well. Keep us posted
Downing67
Unread 07-31-2014, 02:12 PM

I am on the way home. I have an vertical incision and it was opened up about 5cm. The doctor on call for my doctor opened it all up and I have to pack it twice a day. The only layers open are fatty and outer skin. My muscle and fascia are closed. My poor husband had to stand and watch to learn how to pack it and re-bandage it. They did good pain management for me so it has been uncomfortable but not horribly painful. I am also getting an abdominal binder to aid in healing. I was open 8-10 cm by the time it was all said and done. It will now take longer to heal unfortunately, but I am back on the mend. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts.
Unread 07-31-2014, 02:17 PM

OMG I am cringing here.I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery. Please take a easy.
Downing68
🙏
Unread 07-31-2014, 02:23 PM

You poor thing, I'm sorry you had to go through this. Did you have staples to begin with? I don't even think my DH could do this without fainting. Prayers that you have a smooth and uneventful recovery from here on. Take it easy, Sis.
Unread 07-31-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDee View Post
You poor thing, I'm sorry you had to go through this. Did you have staples to begin with? I don't even think my DH could do this without fainting. Prayers that you have a smooth and uneventful recovery from here on. Take it easy, Sis.
I was glued together on the outside. I nwvwr had a sirgical drwssing. My ER doc said it is hard to keep a vertical incision together. I felt so bad I thought I had done something wrong, but she said if it going to pop, it will pop regardless.I feel better and will be put into an abdominal binder to aid in healing.
Unread 07-31-2014, 02:42 PM

Praying for you sister♡
Unread 07-31-2014, 03:55 PM

Our thoughts are with you, rest and heal soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register