12 days post hysterectomy: Feeling Helpless | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12 days post hysterectomy: Feeling Helpless 12 days post hysterectomy: Feeling Helpless

Unread 06-30-2015, 06:59 AM
12 days post hysterectomy: Feeling Helpless

Hello Ladies,
This is my first time posting and I have to say this site has been s God sent. I'm 12 days post op after having my uterus and tubes removed. I feel that I'm doing well physically but emotionally I'm up and down. I literally broke down sobbing last week. I feel depressed at times and ok the next. I tried explaining my feelings to my husband but all he says is "you've never had patience for anything". I don't think I want to hear that right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2015, 07:20 AM

Late effects of anesthesia could be affecting your emotions. You went thru a big surgery and your hubby just isn't going to understand. Men are from Mars, remember? Your body needs time to recover. I started with short walks and got into a good book. I know things will get better for you. 💖
Unread 06-30-2015, 07:43 AM
Re: Feeling Helpless

Also your hormones play a BIG part in your emotions. Even if you kept your ovaries they were traumatized. It can take a few weeks or a couple months for them to wake up fully. I would tell your doctor about the mood swings and see if he can give you something to help out for the next little while.

I second the part that husbands don't get it, they really don't get it. Every time I tried talking to my husband about the pain or the emotions he'd make rude comments. I stopped talking to him about those things. The only thing I talked to him about was the neighbor and her kids when they'd come over, or the movie I was watching on Netflix. It was better for me to avoid the hassle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2015, 07:51 AM
Re: Feeling Helpless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilma View Post
Hello Ladies,
This is my first time posting and I have to say this site has been s God sent. I'm 12 days post op after having my uterus and tubes removed. I feel that I'm doing well physically but emotionally I'm up and down. I literally broke down sobbing last week. I feel depressed at times and ok the next. I tried explaining my feelings to my husband but all he says is "you've never had patience for anything". I don't think I want to hear that right now.
Hi , I am also 12 days post and had a deep in mood some days ago, I also snapped at my h for this and that.
I think it is major surgery, the body and psychologically there is some adjustment.
I am a very independent person and not very patient so it is hard for me not to do this or that or to have to ask somebody or to wait until somebody does something for me.
My husband is not the "cuddly" type but he does well with lists - so I have to tell him what needs to be done and if I think I need it now - I have to say so.

I found that doing my slow walks outside helps me to balance mood - I am not sure how you are doing but for me it was ok to start walking slowly once at home. I started at 10 minutes once and now walk three times 30 minutes (I was in good shape before surgery) but I go slowly and there is no discomfort. If you are not sure you can walk call your doctor as ask. It really helps my mood to get out and so my little circle in the neighborhood.
Unread 07-01-2015, 09:02 PM

Thank you so much for responding. I've been going for short walks which does seem to help. I hope my mood changes soon!
Vilma

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register