Too much pain med? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Too much pain med? Too much pain med?

Unread 11-21-2013, 05:27 AM
Too much pain med?

Well, I'm on day 6 and I'm beginning to wonder how much is too much pain medication ? I'm up to 6 percocet a day and that is barely keeping my pain at bay. I've called my doctor to voice concern but they said " give it time". And here's one. My tongue is still numb! What is that about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2013, 06:11 AM
Re: Too much pain med?

I thought I'd back down on pain meds to just Tylenol but that was a big mistake. I'm really hurting now and did last night too. Back to Norco.
Unread 11-21-2013, 06:13 AM

Oh and i should have mentioned that my right hip was numb until yesterday. Oh how I wish it were still numb!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2013, 06:13 AM

What day are you and how much are you taking?
Unread 11-21-2013, 09:16 AM

I switched my norco an ibuprofen up. Took no more than 4 norco and 2 ibuprofen. Now I take 2 norco and 4 ibuprofen. The norco never quite took away all the pain. The ibuprofen was 800mg helped a lot. Especially the first 2 weeks. I always was in pain but it was tolerable. I would watch the clock for my next dose. I had a problem with Vicodin about 6 years ago after getting rear ended 3 times in a 5 week span. I told myself I would set limits after this surgery. You will start needing it less when you heal more. I feel great now, at 5 weeks compared to my first 3 weeks. Btw, uncoils tell the difference in pain depending on which med I took. Ibuprofen helped a lot or all the stuff hurting internally and norco was good or incision pain. Hope you start feeling better soon!
Unread 11-21-2013, 09:31 AM

Everyone one is different just as every surgery is different. My surgeon initially gave me a 15 day supply, but do to the nature of my case, he refilled it for another 15 days. 30 days in all. I did not need all of them, but was comforted to know if I needed it, it was there. Listen to your body. It knows best.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register