hello laidies. I am home from the castle. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hello laidies. I am home from the castle. hello laidies. I am home from the castle.

Unread 10-07-2005, 11:08 PM
hello laidies. I am home from the castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastea
Lilly,

Keep that tummy pillow close by. I found that if I drew my knees up a little and had that pillow firmly positioned, it made sneezing, coughing and laughing all that much easier.

Many Blessings,
Theresa
Thanks for the advice, I have had my tummy pillow with me at all times as I have a 4yr old that likes lots of cuddles. I actually ended back at the ER department last night as I had a haematoma that would not stop bleeding yesterday. My doctor was wonderful & met me there. It seems to have stopped today but I have to take it easy, no walks for a few days.
Lilly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2005, 06:37 AM

Lilly,

It sounds like you have a caring doctor. I know the best advice I recieved from the "sisters" is Rest, Rest, Rest some more. We only have the one chance to heal.

And I know that must be hard with a little one. I know my grandsons just wanted to rush up and squeeze me too.

And here's a . 5 days post-op DD brought the boys to see me. I was sitting in the recliner and went to slide forward in the chair for hugs and my gown pushed up above my knee. My catheter bag was strapped to my thigh. My 3 year old grandson's eyes got about the size of plates! And he said, "wha's that?" And I said, "that's mamaw's tee-tee bag." The look of disgust and horror on his little face was just "priceless." It was like one of those of those "mastercard" commercials. And when he took a step back, I cracked up. Which hurt my tummy! Never the less, he wasn't traumatized for life.

Have a wonderful blessed day.

Theresa
Unread 10-08-2005, 09:35 PM

That's so funny Theresa. Yes my DR is great & I only met him 3 days before my surgery. He has just started in practice with my regular Gynea. As I was unwell and really required surgery sooner than my 1st Nov date, He referred me to him as he was going on leave and had no operating time for me earlier. I was apprehensive at first as I have been seening my Gynea for 8yrs but couldn't have been more pleased with the outcome, definately God's working hand was involved.
Lilly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register