Anyone else emotional? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else emotional? Anyone else emotional?

Unread 09-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Anyone else emotional?

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeassistant
We'll have every flavor. We'll cry and eat. Chocolate, strawberry, lemon you name it! I'll bring the kleenex's. oh wait I used them up already.
Perhaps we should have a sponsored "cryathon" where we can collect sponsorship money to raise funds for gynae and breast cancer research! Kleenex could be the major sponsor, followed by the cheescake shop. LOl.
Kiwibird 63
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Anyone else emotional?

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeassistant
We'll have every flavor. We'll cry and eat. Chocolate, strawberry, lemon you name it! I'll bring the kleenex's. oh wait I used them up already.

Don't worry I'll supply the Kleenex.. I've bought stock in them..

So.. I talked to my Dr today, and she told me that this emotional roller-coaster is all normal.. That it may take awhile for my ovaries to start functioning.. Gee thanks..
I then decided to buy some Estroven on the way home.. Hopefully that will help with the fountain of tears and mood swings...
Unread 09-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Anyone else emotional?

Hi Mrs M. I was wondering how you were doing. Are things settling down at all? I am still up and down. I discussed with my GP today and we are just going to wait and see what happens. her nurse was really good and just told me not to be a martyr!
Hope U are feeling well and happy soon
thinking of you
Kiwibird 63
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2008, 02:13 AM
Anyone else emotional?

Hi,
What's estraven? Is this a health food store item?

I've decided I'm reliving preschool. I cry because I need a nap.
Then I sleep for two hours wake up as an adult who thinks
I'm sleeping my life away. Then I get weepy. Then I take a nap! I'm going to make myself a blankie.

Unread 09-25-2008, 06:37 AM
Anyone else emotional?

Let's have a cheesecake and estrogen party!
Unread 09-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Anyone else emotional?

Hi Kiwi... Thanks for asking about me.. I'm still up and down as well.. Physically, I'm feeling good except for a few stabbing pains in the tummy every now and then and I still get tired easily.. But emotionally I have my good and bad days.. Someone was teasing me last night and Dh told them to be careful because you never know how I'll react anymore...
I hope your feeling good as well...

Margali... Hi.. Estroven is an all- natural supplement that helps reduce all the symptoms we're having.. (irritability,mood swings, hot flashes and night sweats ) I was told to give it a try, so well see if it works... It's mostly vitamins and herbs.. The only downfall is that it says it may take 7-10 days before I would be able to notice reduced symptoms.. I purchased mine at a Drug store... I'm sure you could find them at Wal-mart or Target as well...
I like your blankie idea...
Unread 09-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Anyone else emotional?

This is my 9th week since surgery, left with one ovary. I do seem to be leveling off somewhat, so if you still have ovaries, hang in there. It might just be a matter of time.
Unread 09-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Anyone else emotional?

I got such a laugh out of your "cheesecake and estrogen" party idea, lindywen!

God bless us, women are such great people.

Unread 09-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Anyone else emotional?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurso
I too have been emotional. I have been real mean and crabby towards kids and husband. I have had to apologize to them so many times. I have cried all day. I wish I could stay in bed but it is too uncomfortable. I had a tantrum like a three year old today and started to clean and hurt myself in the process. I feel so frustrated! I have my ovaries too. I have been having hot flashes etc...
I am frustrated that I am limited with what I can do and my house is such a mess! Every time I do stuff I bleed again. It has been two weeks and a day since surgery. I am hoping this emotional stuff is normal.
Here are some hugs to you and the others ladies who are emotional.
Dear Thurso
I can so relate to you, they took both my ovaries and my emotions have been good except for yesterday and I had to apologize to DS #2 and I'm so glad DH is a saint because he's been yelled at and cry'd on sooooo much, before the surgery and even a bit now after. I do the same thing I start to do it myself because then "it's done properly", but we can't I promised DH, Doctor and Me that I will cut back and go to bed for a rest instead of the couch where I can see the Mess!!!!!
Popping a favorite jelly bean or chocolate can't hurt either! Don't forget to we do deserve it!
NaNaT
Unread 09-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Anyone else emotional?

Marg,Qld, Aust;
My DD had some of your problems, she required two blood transfusions, you are probably as big as a minute also (not sure how to put smiley faces yet, so pretend one is here!) Emotions go with the territory, don't sweat it, I'm sure the people in the hospital expect us to be a little sensitive and if your DH is anything like mine, he's use to it too!
Good Luck, lots of rest.
NaNaT

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register