dVH/RALH Ureter was cut during hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ureter was cut during hysterectomy Ureter was cut during hysterectomy

Unread 07-27-2016, 06:29 AM
Ureter was cut during hysterectomy

Good morning! I started out early on Monday morning with plans for robot assisted lap hysterectomy with unilateral salpingectomy. I had previously lost left tube and ovary to an emergent intervention of a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. Plan was for right ovary only to remain because of my age of 45. It turned out my uterus was much larger than anticipated (650 grams) and nearly "fused" to the right pelvis with adhesions. Ureter was cut as it appeared to be pulsating and was mistaken for the uterine artery. The artery was running beneath it. The mistake was caught intraoperatively and repaired quickly in the intraoperative setting. Has anyone had any experience with this? Right now I am recovering well, walking around and should be discharged home with my urinary catheter and stent. Any advice or subtle things to be wary of? I know the big things to be wary of. Just wanting to recover as smoothly as possible. Thanks Y'all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2016, 02:12 PM
Re: Ureter was cut

While I have not been through this situation, I can only offer you a *hug*. I am sure it had to toss you for a loop as you found this out upon awakening.

Keep those tips in mine. Ask the nurses for any and all tips in regards to best home care while you are still there.

As you still have the cathether.. perhaps long loose dresses will be nice and comfortable during your transition home and as you begin to move around during recovery.

One day at a time!
Unread 07-27-2016, 05:55 PM
Ureter was cut during hysterectomy

Thank you Lisa! I have made it home. I am an RN so I do know some of the major issues that could present. I must say that it has been a bit rough so far. Some low to moderate fevers (was 100.7 now 99.7). It was s glitch in my hysterectomy but I hope to recover smoothly. Thank you for the hug and the support!
Michelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register