Pain in week 3 post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain in week 3 post hysterectomy Pain in week 3 post hysterectomy

Unread 11-09-2016, 03:43 AM
Pain in week 3 post hysterectomy

Hi all. I have had a total hysterectomy and a bikini cut. The scar is healing brilliantly but on week 3 I've started with so much more pains.
Last week I thought I was feeling so much better but I have a pain in my sides and there are hard bits (probably scar tissue) on my scar.
Is this common to feel these sharp uncomfortable pains? I feel like I've gone backwards 👎🏼 I have no bleeding, just pains which feel like pulling and sciatica which makes me worry I have more inflammation.

Thanks in advance for any replies... I'm hoping for reassurance as tempted to call the ward I had the op on for information x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2016, 04:10 AM
Re: Pain in week 3 post hysterectomy

A number of Sisters have said that week 3 is difficult. Stitches start dissolving around that time; also Sisters who've been feeling better have started doing more... but often their bodies aren't ready for the stepped up activities yet. Have you been doing more?

We've had many internal incisions which all need healing. Our doctors generally release us somewhere between 4-8 weeks when they have no further surgical followup with us, but full healing takes several months. It helps to understand healing: Rather than scar tissue getting stronger, what happens is that earlier scar tissue dissolves as newer scar tissue replaces it. It's when the older tissue dissolves that we're likely to feel twinges and zingers. It's also when we're susceptible to damaging something from doing too much too soon.

When we start getting back to daily living we have to do so gradually and still take rest breaks. If you have any lingering doubts, or your pains are bad enough to need stronger pain meds, run it by your doctor's office. They'll know the right questions to ask.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register