I'm Back!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-02-2004, 08:06 AM
I'm Back!!

Hi Ladies,

Well, I am finally a Princess!! I got back from the castle Saturday, morning! I haven't posted just yet cause I was just trying to find something comfortable to sit on while on the computer!

I had an uneventful surgery, they had to take both my ovaries, removed a large fibroid and 4 month uterus. And Burch Bladder Suspension. Doctor said, he would let me know more after he gets the path report.

My castle stay was great, they truely treated me like a princess.
Nurses and Doctor was wonderful. (With the exception of my Urologist!).

First day, I did great up walking, laughing and the... Gas... set in!!
I ended up staying an extra day do to the severe amount of gas build up that I had. Everyone warns about the gas but, boy it really through my body for a loop on Friday! They could not give me anything until my Urologist showed up and they didn't show up until Friday, so it made it even worse. Once they finially gave me something I was doing fine again.

Surgery was Wed. and I would agree, that the waiting and the gas has been the worse!

Remendations to ladies in waiting make sure your doctor or doctors order you something for gas prior to surgery!!

Glad to be back home, and able to talk to my sisters again.

I felt so prepared, it was almost like I lived it before (except for the gas) with all the great information I received from my Hyster sisters.

Hyster Sisters was my best Prescription besides my pain meds!!

Thanks Again Sisters, for all your support!!

Lots of s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2004, 08:27 AM
I'm Back!!

Hi Mary,

I'm so happy to hear you are doing well. As a matter of fact, it sounds like it wasn't half as bad as I imagine.

Take good care of yourself and thanks for the gas tip. I suffered that last time but this time I have forgotten all about it because I have myself so worked up.

Rest,rest,rest...

k9
Unread 08-02-2004, 10:13 AM
I'm Back!!

Princess Mary!!

So happy to hear you are home and doing well. It is such a blessing to read these posts as my time draws nearer. Hope your recovery continues to go well. God bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2004, 10:25 AM
I'm Back!!

Welcome home Mary! I'm happy for you that it went so well. Thank you for the gas tip. I've already written it down for my pre op appt. tomorrow!

Michelle
Unread 08-02-2004, 01:02 PM
I'm Back!!

Welcome Home! I hope you have a great recovery! Rest, drink plenty of water, walk and rest some more!
Unread 08-02-2004, 03:32 PM
I'm Back!!

Welcome Home!
Unread 08-03-2004, 07:02 AM
I'm Back!!

Thanks Ladies,

It is so nice to be home and able to talk to my sisters again!
s

Jeanb & michelle, I see your waiting is almost over!
Trust me that is one of the hardest things, its just so nerve racking. Good luck with your surgeries, I know you will do fine!Remember watch out for that gas, (I hope you both are lucky and don't get it!). We will be waiting to hear from you both!

It was not half as bad as I thought it was going to be! Once you get to the castle everything goes very quickly! At least that was the way it was for me!

Lots of s,
Unread 08-03-2004, 07:31 AM
Pre-op

Mary:

Glad you are home. My surgery is August 20th and my pre-op
appointment is the 10th. I have been with this Dr. many years.
I had no idea about the gas thing. Thanks for the tip.

I had my tubes removed earlier, and have only one ovary.

You take care.
Be happy.
Luv your sisters.

Linnysue
Unread 08-03-2004, 12:48 PM
I'm Back!!

WELCOME HOME! Princess

Glad to hear your castle stay was great! Nothing like having the best of the best while you rest! Too bad that the 'gas' had to put a kink it your visit.

I had a TAH/BSO and gave up my cervix. Aside from the visit by the 'gas monster' and a slightly elevated temp on the second day, my stay was uneventful as well.

Great nurses. Wonderful Doc, good food and free use of the 'exercise hall' Can't ask for much more than that!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register