Scheduled TAH What abdominal bands to use? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What abdominal bands to use? What abdominal bands to use?

Unread 09-25-2010, 03:00 PM
What abdominal bands to use?

Hi all!
Trying to prepare for my TAH on Oct 22nd. Doing a lot of research on what support products I need.

Is anyone planning on using the Perfect Pocket Abdominal Binder w/ cool packs or the Swelly Belly Band? Can anyone give my pros/cons on either one?

I am planning on ordering the abdominal support binder for post op.

Thanks for any insight you can give me!
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Re: What abdominal bands to use?

NO idea Debbie. I have a back one that looks very similar to the abdominal one that i had when I was pregnant. Wondering if it'll work. I'm thinking of getting the abdominal one, but I have a fuzzy ice pack that I'll probably use. I can't imagine walking around with a wet pack around me.

I wish someone would answer this.
Unread 09-26-2010, 10:32 PM

I would love the Swelly Belly Band if it did NOT have to get wet. They tell you to wrap it in plastic wrap (OMG PLEASE!) to keep dry??

I think I will be buying the Perfect Pocket Abdominal Binder with 2 Cool Packs. It looks soft and it comes with the 2 cool packs. Having had major abdominal surgery before, I wish I had had this! I itched and yet the belly band I got from the hospital had rough/sharp edged and it was very tough on my delicate post-op skin. I wanted NOTHING touching me... not even clothing... not even a sheet. I have heard wonderful things about the PPAB.... I'm getting that!

https://www.hystersisters.com/xcart/...cat=265&page=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2010, 05:48 AM

I KNOW!! I can't imagine asking my DH to wrap this band in plastic wrap when he's going to be doing so much for me already (although he'd do it!).

I'm thinking of the wrap with the cool packs too-just wanted to know if anyone has used it before I get it. My other thought was a flexible sport cool pack to lay across my belly, but I kind of like the idea of the convenience of the wrap w/cool packs inserted.
Unread 09-27-2010, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db89 View Post
I KNOW!! I can't imagine asking my DH to wrap this band in plastic wrap when he's going to be doing so much for me already (although he'd do it!).

I'm thinking of the wrap with the cool packs too-just wanted to know if anyone has used it before I get it. My other thought was a flexible sport cool pack to lay across my belly, but I kind of like the idea of the convenience of the wrap w/cool packs inserted.
Yeah, and as long as it is SOFT. I know the cold packs will feel really good, too.

I'm trying to make things as simple as possible; not only for me, but for the family, and having to keep wrapping this thing in plastic and hoping it doesn't leak. No thanks!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register