new here - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-19-2005, 08:37 PM
new here

No bleeding for me either...I had TVH on June 14th...I won't lie the gas hurts pretty bad...but mentally I am feeling great, and as soon as the surgery starts healing, I am going to feel like a new woman! Don't be frightened, the first 3 days are the worst...and that is not really bad...Good Luck dear! Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2005, 08:40 PM
new here

Welcome to the Board! Hope that you will stick around, it has been a blessing to me! Brenda
Unread 06-19-2005, 08:48 PM
I have just ....

One more question, All my lower organs are stuck together Im not sure what you call that, it happened after my first son 12years ago anyways will it be a harder recovery if the have to abandon the lap and open me up, is there a difference in time? The doctor seemed confadent that he could do with vag assist but I just wonder what others have experinced? thanks so much for all your answers
Unread 06-19-2005, 08:52 PM
new here

I haven't had any bleeding either. Just a little pink when I wipe, and that has only happened once so far.
I noticed that someone has already mentioned the gas pains to you. That was the worst pain that I've had so far. Those gas pains can be rough. Also, just be prepared to be very sore. My surgery was Thursday and I feel like I've done a million crunches.

I was also very scared and thinking about backing out. Now that it's behind me it is such a relief. For me, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Your mind can really get you worked up, when you don't know what to expect.

The waiting was definately the hardest part for me.

Good luck to you,
Cheryl
Unread 06-19-2005, 09:04 PM
new here

My doc warned me that he may need to "open me up" too, as I am very young and my only child was delivered by c section, he was able to do the LAVH though, so i would think that if you delivered vaginally, they would have a better chance of pulling it out that way! as far as recovery, here (canada) I was to spend 1 night in the hospital, 2 weeks at home resting for LAVH, 5 nights in the hospital and 6 weeks with rest at home if I was opened up, so I'll send up a prayer for you to get the LAVH if that's what's best for your situation!
Unread 06-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Prayers are always needed

I to am from canada (Calgary) And my doctor said to expect lavh to go well but to be aware that because of the attachment of the organs and the distended uterus that he may have to go through my c-section scar (which is what started alot of the problems) I have had three good vbac's and I think you are right that it will be an easy surgery thanks so much for your prayers God bless you and yours

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register