10 months post op (2009) very swollen stomach - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 months post op (2009) very swollen stomach 10 months post op (2009) very swollen stomach

Unread 05-14-2016, 04:57 PM
Re: 10 months post op-very swollen stomach

I am six months post op and was expecting the swollen stomach to have gone but it's not. I've gone back to exercising regularly and eating healthily but it doesn't seem to make a difference,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2016, 05:06 PM
Re: 10 months post op (2009) very swollen stomach

I am right there with you! I thought by now things would drastically improve. My stomach is flat(ish) in the morning. I am able to put on pants and button them just fine. By the late afternoon early evening, my stomach is swollen and the tightness of the pants is very uncomfortable. in addition, I still have tenderness on my scar area. I have made an appointment for the end of next month, even though the doctor's office keeps telling me "it takes a fully year to recover". I may cancel appointment and keep trusting it will get better. But, occasionally I wonder and am concerned that there is something going on that isn't normal. Adhesions? Not sure, but I am also very disappointed. Was so looking forward to having a flat tummy again after having my uterus with large fibroid removed. I will say, on a bright not that I do not miss my monthly cycle that came with intense pain/cramping and made me need to consider when I would have my period before making plans. So, I'm grateful for that! I am hoping that our bodies are still adjusting and the tummy will settle down and release any last bit of trauma from the surgery and all will be well for us and for all who deal with swelly belly this late after surgery!

Unread 02-07-2017, 07:18 PM

I had full surgery in March 2016. I'm told I am a slow healer, but my tummy was getting pretty normal until one day about a month ago , I got super stressed out at work and ate bad food. Then I got a head cold that was going around... I used to have a little IBS trouble, so stress hits my tummy. But now I'm back where I was 6 months ago...swollen, feel like I should'nt eat any food,because it makes the tummy uncomfortable. And I just cant stand clothing to touch my belly. I was almost in my pre surgery clothes. I'm still wearing some things that are my normal size, but I have lost some ground here.
Unread 05-06-2017, 06:43 AM
10 months post op (2009) very swollen stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyrose3 View Post
I'm 6wk post op saw your post. And you guys are not making me feel encouraged here. I am already sick of my swelly belly and it's only 6wks. I just did an exercise video today - Walk away the Pounds. Is exercise going to get rid of it. I can't imagine having it for 10 months.

I'm 7 weeks post op. I've lost 5kgs within the 1st 4weeks post op but gained 2kgs back in no time. I went back to work last Monday. I feel bloated after meals but found out that a drink of honeylemon-with-ACV (applecider vinegar raw unfiltered unpasteurised) every morning 20mins before breakfast prevents bloating. I sometimes drink the same mixture before sleeping at night. Also, my post op tummy couldn't handle too much food without causing a bit of pain on my wound so I try to eat small meals but tend to eat more frequently.
In the afternoons or early evenings, i also feel pain like a contraction on my lower abdomen . It's like it's grown in size and that my pants has become tighter.
All your posts helps me in knowing that I'm not alone on this road.
Unread 05-06-2017, 07:16 AM

Hi Ladies, I went to a place to get my hormones tested. They did complete blood work as I m 57 and had my surgery last year, complete hyster. Trying to exercise daily. I have almost no testosterone and underactive thyroid, and low vitamin D levels.Which explained feeling like I had no metabolism. After 2 months on a low dose thyroid pill, Iost most tummy buldge, losing weight, and food does not irritate my stomach. I'm getting tested again soon to try a little testosterone cream. So if you were not in menopause the surgery may put you there ( some will need Estrogen) If you were already in menopause, you may need testosterone.is what they told me.... They gave me a food list for my deficiencies, which has helped a lot, but i am going son to see how my levels have come up. But I noticed a big improvement. My tummy is still sensitive to tight clothes but I have dropped 2 sizes, almost back to old clothes. I think I will always have this small bump on my tummy though. It may be a good idea to keep track of your levels.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register