4 Week Check-up......Positive !!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 Week Check-up......Positive !!!!! 4 Week Check-up......Positive !!!!!

Unread 05-21-2007, 07:42 PM
4 Week Check-up......Positive !!!!!

Hi ALL.........

I had my 4 week check up today (a few days early).
My DR was really nice and spent a lot of time with us.

We went over the bladder/pressure feeling issues etc and the positive urine culture results. She said the bladder bacteria I have is the most common one found in the vagina.......which is a good thing and she said the levaquin was MORE than sufficient. She thinks a lot of the uretha stabs and jabs and the pressure is still inflammation from the hysterectomy and everything being moved and prodded. She reminded me that she was in there "working" for a FEW HOURS !!!! SHe did an internal exam and I was terrified and said I am healing nicely but 4 more weeks of recovery for me........soooooooooo.
We also asked her about walking and she said normal with in reason day to day things are ok like going to grocery store and walking the store but NOT for me to go out and walk 2-4 miles !!! Thats a NO-NO for ME !! SHe reminded me of ALL the internal stitches !!!!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss I can drive also !!!!!

I also had to confess I had bought a potion of pure cocoa butter and vitamin e cream and have been putting it on my incision since it healed completey and she was astounded at how it looked and how soft my skin was !!

ANyway.....things seem on a positve note and I am so happy. If I can get the pressure feeling to go away I will be one happy hyster sister

Kathi
TAH/BSO due to uterine fibroids 4-26-07 I am 51 years young !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2007, 08:12 PM

Wow, Kathi, sounds like it was a good visit. Glad to hear you're on the mend and doing so well.
Unread 05-21-2007, 09:17 PM

Way to go Kathi!!! Glad to hear everything is healing up nicely and...... that you have a great DR. Also glad your incision is already healed and looking beautiful.

Now keep up the good work and don't push your self!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2007, 10:19 PM

Hi Kathi,

I am so glad to hear things went well for you! I hope too that it rubs off on me. I got myself worked into such a state about my recovery I called my surgeons office and he is going to see me tomorrow afternoon. I will let you know.
Unread 05-22-2007, 07:12 AM

Congratulations Kathi! Thank you for the info. on the bladder situation. I guess there is hope for the rest of us!!
Unread 05-22-2007, 09:37 AM

Thanks all for the positive and good wishes.........

Like I said "I want the bladder issues/feelings to disappear and then I will be happy !!!"

I still have a ways to go......dont get me wrong......I decided this morning to do some House work and am now paying for it.......Just am NOT there yet but I hate depending on EVERYONE else !!!!! Mainly poor hubby !!!

Hugssssssss
Unread 05-22-2007, 08:01 PM

Kathi- I had my first doctor's appt. since my surgery today . I told her it felt like I was kicked in the abdomen everytime I had to empty my bladder and she told it was because she lifted it during surgery. Then she told me it will probably last six to eight weeks! OWWWW! Hang in there!
Unread 05-22-2007, 09:01 PM

WOW.........Thanks for that bit of info !!!!! My DR said she had to "peel" mine away from the uterus.......so your DR "Lifted" yours ................NO WONDER THE BLADDERS ARE ANGRY !!!!!!!
I will just fret and pray for normalcy in 6-8 weeks
Unread 05-24-2007, 04:45 PM

Kathi-I had no idea my bladder was sagging (along with everything else!) - at least it didn't hurt like this! I can't imagine the pain you must be in. Was it due to Endo? Hope you are feeling better soon!
Unread 05-24-2007, 06:36 PM

Nooooo....I didnt have endo......Huge fibroids......the whole uterus was a 5 month pregnancy size just full of fibroids......heavy bleeding etc.

After I finished the antibiotics on Tues......I did feel a bit better but today a little came back so I am just hoping it decreases again.

How about you???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register