Are You Taking Vitamins/ Supplements?? (2002) - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions > Tips of the Week

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Are You Taking Vitamins/ Supplements?? (2002) Are You Taking Vitamins/ Supplements?? (2002)

Unread 08-02-2003, 11:14 AM
Are You Taking Vitamins/ Supplements?? (2002)

I started taking vitamins/minerals right after my surgery. At the recommendation of the gyn, I take 500 calcium plus 200 d 2 times a day and I started taking cranberry supplements to ease the pressure following surgery. I have since added a multi with 100% rda and 100mg potassium to ease the achy legs after I have done too much. I am planning on adding some e soon and also some CoQ10, but I want to do it all gradually, with no sudden jolts to my system. ( I have IBS, and hate to upset the boat with any of it.) I go monthly for a B12 shot, as my body stopped converting the B12 in foods about 2-3 years ago.
I feel pretty good for only 4 months post op. I have a great energy level and keep busy with all sorts of things.

Having the surgery gives me a renewed feeling of working toward a goal of greater health, so I am not surprised that so many of us are trying so hard to become more fit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2004, 09:50 AM
execise

when is it safe to start back the gym?had my opp tah in april ? and never felt better.
Unread 01-16-2004, 05:56 PM

Hi Monty --

It's always a good idea to check with your doc before beginning any exercise program, but in my opinion, chances are if you had your surgery in April it's probably ok to start back at the gym. Were you going to a gym before you had your surgery? If you were, then you kinda know what to expect.
I started back to my gym at 7 weeks post op with my doc's ok. If you haven't been exercising since your surgery and decide to start back to a gym, start out light and easy at first...........it'll take a while to get back into it.

Good luck to you!

Ann
TAH/BSO 1/5/01
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2004, 05:57 PM

yes, i do take Vitamins.

Daily Vitamins:-
1. Vitamin -Ester(C)with Bioflavanoids 1Tab 500mg
2. Viactiv Calcium D+K 2Chew 1000mg
3. Magnesium 500mg a day
4. Vitamin B complex 100 mg a day
5.Multivitamins Essential Balance 1Tab a day
(Nature Made)
Unread 06-17-2004, 08:31 PM
I take alot of vitamins

First time been in this site. I had a bone density done before my hysterectomy and I am borderline for osteo in my left hip but everywhere else is good. I take vit E, CalApatite 1000,2x daily, Mag Citrate with magnesium helps with constipation, Licorice root, Glucosamine& Chondroitin, Omega-3 fish oil, B-complex and hormones sounds like alot but it has help me alot.

LCSparkle
Unread 06-18-2004, 07:39 AM

I take whole foods in capsule form. It's the equivalent of 17 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. There's even medical research to back it up. E-mail me if you would like additional information.

Darci
Unread 06-18-2004, 11:02 AM
whole food capsules

DJB,
Hi I just read your thread about whole food capsules thats alot of fruits and vegetables could you give me some info on them?
LCSparkle
Unread 06-18-2004, 11:36 AM

Hi LCSparkle,

I just sent you a private e-mail with some additional information.
Unread 06-18-2004, 11:38 PM
anyone developed fibromyaglia?

has anyone developed, painful muscle, joints, extrem fatigue ? One yr after complete hystrectomy... Only 33, seems every organ in my body is going totally crazy, I take estrace 2mg, ambien at night. Adderall for fatigue, and vicodin for fms pain... Just wondering if anyone else is having problems too.. Oh Ya lets not forget the Brain Fog !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help
Unread 06-19-2004, 10:00 AM
Had fatigue

Yes I had joint pain, fatigue, headaches you name it I had it! I was thrown into menopause suddenly by a hysterectomy( total). Have you had your hormone levels checked? I did and made a big difference when i started NHRT and vitamins. You could be lacking something your body needs. Ask your Dr. Good Luck
LCSparkle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register