Yogurt may help with belly fat - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions > Tips of the Week

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yogurt may help with belly fat Yogurt may help with belly fat

Unread 05-15-2004, 07:47 PM
yogurt

Plain non-fat yogurt - yum!!
I love it with
frozen rasberries
frozen blueberries
sliced bananas
sliced fresh strawberries

have tried (not too fond of)
blenderized oranges (pulpy, too much skin)
fresh cantalope (not sweet enough, slices too large- but like it better than oranges)

the frozen is awesome because there's juice that dribbles into the yogurt as it melts, and when you swirl it, it turn the color of the fruit.

it's also so filling compared to the sweetened yogurts.

take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2004, 04:56 AM
Yogurt may help with belly fat

I add plain non fat yogurt to my smoothie protein drink. The drink is vanilla flavored, and I sometimes add fruit. Very good!
Unread 06-03-2004, 06:08 AM

Below is the link about the study. It was three servings of light
Yoplait a day that showed weight loss especially around the
belly.
http://www.yoplait.com/health_spotlight.aspx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2004, 03:48 PM
thanks

Thanks for the site address!
Unread 06-04-2004, 04:51 PM

I was just told by a friend of mine that she's lost 25# in the last year - she adds 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to her morning yogurt - it not only helps her lose the fat, but the cinnamon is good for lots of things (esp. for those of us that are diabetic).
Unread 06-04-2004, 11:40 PM

WOW thats how much i know ,I never knew cinnamon was good for diabetics. Thanks for the tip.. BUT its going to take alot more than a little yogart to help me lose weight!
Katt
Unread 06-23-2004, 04:56 PM

Boy I'm so glad I came to this site. For the two women Kathie and Munoz?? I can relate to your complaints. I also say hound that doctor until they do something to help. I am also a nurse and know how they go about doing things. Unfortuantely some docs seem to think we make up all of our complaints and don't take them seriously. Keep on them!!!
I also dealt with severe depression for a number of years prior to my surgery. Went off of all drugs last year, and did great. Now I'm thinking I may need to go back on them. The depression is nothing like before, I was suicidal then, but I can tell I am getting depressed. Some of it may be due to just sitting around and not working. I hate being home all of the time, I love working and can't wait to get back. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy having some time off, but hate it also.
I did find when I was on antidepressants that I had the best control when I fianlly went to a psychiatrist to manage my meds. My GP is fantastic but she doesn't have all the knowledge that these other guys do. I bet I went through at least six different types of drugs before this psych put me on something totally different and I stayed on that for over 3 years--and it worked the whole time. Just something to think about.
Hang in there.
DEB
TAH/BSO 5-20-04
Unread 11-11-2004, 11:34 AM

I love yogurt and also the Yoplait Smoothies! I have just discovered that I'm lactose intolerant, but don't know if yogurt would be a problem as well. Does anyone else fall into this category?

Sure, I can eat it and have a bloated, gassy stomach all day.
Unread 12-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Goat's Milk Yogurt

HELLO SISTERS!

Due to the "sugar" content in most these yogurts I desire to watch what kind I consume. SO...I tried Akins Yogurt's and they were very good! Sweetened with Splenda. Expensive but good! My local health food store carries them but I haven't had much luck finding them in most other stores.

More recently, I have started eating plain goat's milk yogurt. For those lactose intolerant's out there, it apparently is a better source of milk protein/calcium. I buy "honey sweetened and fruit sweetened" granola from the healthfood store and stuff the plain yogurt. Getting used to the tartness of plain yogurt is acquirable.

ALSO, plain yogurt is great as a substitute for sour cream in any recipe! I like it on baked potatoes!

Happy Yogurting! I'm having "deja vu!" Weird!
Unread 12-09-2004, 06:37 PM

Okay, so ive been eating 3 yogurts a day, one for breakfast, one for afternoon snack and one for my eve snack,instead of eating garbage and still not losing weight...its low sugar, and fat free, so the yogurt thing....its so my hrt therapy,even though my doctor says no way....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register