Scholarship? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Scholarship?

I am having my surgery in July. I am alone taking care of my two children left at home. Their father passed away 4 years ago this coming July 15th. The timing of my surgey is really upsetting me. 2 days after he died. At any rate money is terribly tight. I wonder, how does one qualify for a scholarship?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Scholarship?

Hi Blue Caladonia!

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. What type of scholarship are you seeking?
Unread 05-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Scholarship?

Hi Carmen,
My surgery is July 17th and I would like to stay upgraded for a while. How long do you think I should? I was thinking 6 months. What do you think? I forget how much that costs. I cannot afford to buy anykind of membership. I talked to HR where I work and they said that Disability payments will be 60% of my gross pay divided by the last 12 months. I will still have to pay my co-pay portion of
health insurance which is 500.00 a month! When I do the math, I am going to be short 600.00 for each month I am out of work. Yikes! I am trying not to obsess abot it and take it a day at a time but it is very scary.
Thganks for writing me, Blue Caladonia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Scholarship?

Hi Blue Caladonia!

Everyone who registers on this site is a member--you don't have to have to upgrade your membership to stay. Becoming a Crown Jewel is one way to help keep this site free for everyone to use but you'll get wonderful support from your Sisters whether you are a Crown Jewel or not.

Sometimes members will gift memberships to Sisters which is a nice gesture. Please don't feel that you aren't welcome here if you can't upgrade--that's simply not the case.

I hope this helps answer your question.

s
Unread 05-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Scholarship?

April is right. I have been on the site and have not upgraded my membership. Everyone here has been great, even though I have not paid to "join".
Unread 05-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Scholarship?

My disability insurance only takes out for Social Security and Medicare. I had them take something for Federal taxes but no state or local. So your take home might be more than you expect. Double check with HR regarding how much it will cost you for insurance while you are out. I agree with the others that you don't need to upgrade to continue on this terrific website.
Unread 05-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Scholarship?

I will double check but what HR told me is that what Ca State Disability does, is add up the last 12 months of ones gross pay, divide it by 12 to find the average of a months pay. Next they pay about 60% of what that is. Less the first seven days. My co-pay for myself and 2 dependents for health insurance is 492.00 a month. They take it right out of my paycheck. HR told me I was responsible for paying that 492.00 for every month I am out recovering. After I did the math, I am going to short about 600.00 for every month I am out. There is more but I am starting to feel like I am whining.
I am going to look into what my local community resources might have in terms of support, put my student loan on deferrment, look into what my credit card companies payment protection plans have to offer and try not to freak.
The good news is some wonderful hyster sister gave me a gift of a Crown Jewel scholarship!!!!!
This website is amazing. Because of this website, I am more educated and can plan in an informed fashion everything for my hysterectomy from what to wear, to what I want my sling (for prolapsed bladder and bowel) to be made of. I am so very grateful. I have a feeling this place is what is going to save my sanity.
I am having fun making plans for my post surgery nest thanks to all the helpful hints.
Thanks everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register