Any advice (or just a hello) much appreciated... - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any advice (or just a hello) much appreciated... Any advice (or just a hello) much appreciated...

Unread 10-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Any advice (or just a hello) much appreciated...

Happy trails, Sunshine! Your date is the same as mine, except mine was 2 years ago. My only regret was that I waited so long to have my surgery. Let us know how it goes, we will all be thinking of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine74
GOOD LUCK to all the other princesses this week, my thoughts and prayers are with all you ladies in waiting!!! {{{Hugs}}}

Best wishes! You sound wonderful. Can't wait to hear from you after surgery!!! Will be thinking of you.

Unread 10-01-2007, 01:21 PM

Hi Sunshine!

I am 4 weeks post-op (TAH/BSO) and I totally understand your anxiety - I nearly made myself sick worrying about it. It is truly not as bad as what you are probably imagining - while it's no walk in the park, to be sure, they will provide all the meds you need to minimize any pain or discomfort you might have. I was in the hospital for 4 days, and had to have a catheter for 2 weeks at home (this is just standard procedure with the doctor I have, because most people have their catheters out soon after surgery). Since you are a bus driver, if you are anything like me, you will find bumpy roads uncomfortable (even at 4 weeks out, I still wince going over a bump in the road, so don't rush it). Take your time, no lifting, no housework or laundry, behave like the princess you are!
Unread 10-01-2007, 01:40 PM

I am so happy for you !!!

You are so excited, and it gives me hope. Good luck, and keep us all informed on your recovery!
Unread 10-01-2007, 02:12 PM

Hi Sunshine, I just want to welcome you and let you know you've come to the right place. Lots of wonderful ladies will help you with this. Please know you are not alone. Just ask anything you want. Good luck with your surgery and keep us posted when you can. Big hugs.
Unread 10-01-2007, 04:26 PM

Good luck and fast recovery for you. I will have my TAH on Monday 10-8-07. I am ready. Its to the point where I can't even sit up right , or bend over the pain is starting to become un-bearable. Thanks for the list of items you are taking. Looks like you've got it all. I am going to include a backe scratcher, I heard that comes in pretty handy.
Unread 10-01-2007, 07:16 PM

Big hugs and best wishes to all of you! I wanted to add that most hospitals will allow you to bring your own comfy pillow and blanket. Before I went in, I treated myself to one of those super-soft fleecy blankets with the pillow to match - what a comfort that was! I only wish I had thought to bring the back scratcher!
Unread 10-02-2007, 10:00 AM

Thanks again ladies; you're all beautiful and give me such a warm happy feeling inside!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register