taking care of my 3yr old? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

taking care of my 3yr old? taking care of my 3yr old?

Unread 05-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Re: taking care of my 3yr old?

Maybe the thing to do is have your hubby prepare all of the meals before he leaves for work. He can attend to your child's bathing and whatever else she may need. Even go as far as getting your lil girl a step stool to use when going potty or washing her hands. And make a game out of her helping. Eat stuff that she can just pull out of the fridge. Like sandwiches and enjoy watching cartoons together. But do let your mom or whatever support system you have going know when you need them to take her overnight here and there if some reason you feel a little more fatigued. Or of course Grandma and you can set a few days after hubby goes back to work in the week where she can come over and stay. And that can be Grammie and grandchild time. Which I am sure they both would be excited to have. Your going to need your rest. So best thing is to be prepared. As I am sure with a 3 year you already have to do that. Housework check, cooking check, and support system check. best wishes and good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzav28 View Post
Oh, I assumed since she wasn't sleeping in her own bed she hasn't been away from you much, my bad. Well I hope hearing from everyone else makes you feel better about your decision. At least your mom is not too far away and you can see her when you miss her.
shes a very spoiled lil girl... when shes at grandmas she sleeps with auntie or grandma... i baby her more than i need too.. but i had a very bad pregnancy after being told i would never have kids and almost losing her and then almost lost her at birth.. so i am bad at babying her way too much.. trying to change that now.. all you ladies are right healing properly is #1 priority... thank you for your input
Unread 05-10-2011, 06:58 PM

I can totally understand that. I baby my 4 year old because she is my last one. My husband spoils her rotten because she is his only little girl, I have an older daughter and son from a previous marriage. I've been working on my husband, trying to get him to stop treating her like such a "princess", because she's turning into a brat! There's a difference between loving your child and turning them into a entitled brat. I'm not saying that's what you are doing at all, just venting that that is what my husband does! He doesn't have to deal with her all week because he's on the road, so he doesn't see how disrespectful she is to me.
Unread 05-10-2011, 08:51 PM

Mom - it will be hard but this will be good for you both. Your body needs to rest and heal and your body needs her to stay at Grandmas. Or can Grandma stay with you? Since you probably won't be driving until you get the clearance from your MD, just have Grandma bring her by for snacks, playtime, reading...it can be a great adventure for her and a great time for your Grandma to connect.

I have a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old and have been at home with them most of the last 3 yrs. I would LOVE to have family in town to have them watch them, but as it is, we have to rely on generous friends, and pay for babysitters. But I'm sticking to the plan - no lifting, or caretaking until the MD gives the thumbs up. I can still give hugs, read books and play games though!

I agree with the other who say you only have one chance to heal - you really don't want to have any complications. That way you can get back to your normal routine asap!

Best of luck and get all the carrying around now before June. It's only a few weeks compared to the big picture! :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register