Still Nauseated - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still Nauseated Still Nauseated

Unread 08-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Still Nauseated

I can answer that one!! YEAST!! I went thru 3 rounds of medicaton before it settled down for me... I had thrush and esophogitis after my surgery from the anti-b's I was put on... anti-b's will kill both the good and the bad bacteria... and when the good is gone - the yeast thrives... I am still not 100% sure that mine is gone yet... see the doc on Tuesday to ask about all my digestion problems...

Hugs!

Shauna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Still Nauseated

i too am fighting nausea. my doctor prescribed phenergan, an anti nausea med. now i can eat and get the nurishment my body needs! good luck, hope you feel better
Unread 08-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Still Nauseated

Techbunnyo- Does the medication Diflucan take care of yeast throughout your whole system? I'm just curious what they gave you three rounds of. Thanks for the replies!
Leisha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Still Nauseated

Leisha

Are you getting enough rest? I've been suffering from severe insomnia since my hyst ~ at one point, I was up for 56 hrs. During that time, I couldn't even keep dry toast and warm sprite down. My DR said it was because my body was so exhausted. I wasn't getting the rest my body needed just to function properly and basically it just started shutting down. Best wishes and I hope you find a solution to your nausea.
Unread 08-27-2005, 08:10 PM
Still Nauseated

Leisha-Shauna's right! One of the conditions for anti-fungals is yeast.
How was the nausea today?

Taren
Unread 08-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Still Nauseated

Diflucan will take care of it - I did 2 rounds of that alone - and a swish and swallow (Nystatin) for my thrush in the mouth...

Cassidy - wow- you can be really sick going that long with out sleep!! If not worse!! Hope you are sleeping bette now...

Hugs!

Shauna
Unread 08-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Still Nauseated

cncwillborn- I am not getting very much rest because I'm so sick it's hard to sleep.
I'm going to talk to the doctor tomorrow and hope they will find out what's going on. It's not just the nausea, every time that I eat I'm bent over double in pain that is unbearable. The pain come and goes and I have heartburn constantly and a lot of gas in my chest. I hope they can find an answer soon. I don't know how much longer i can take it. Thank you all for your replies. It's given me some things to suggest to the doctor.
Leisha
Unread 08-28-2005, 12:15 PM
Still Nauseated

Hugs Leisha - I can sympathize - I see my doc on Tuesday and I want some ANSWERS!! I know my esophogitis is back... and I suspect GERD or gall bladder - and apparently I have a hernia above my naval - so that could be in the mix as well - and I expect it is... my activity level is just about down to 0 and I was walking 15-20 x2 a day just a week ago - now walking aggrivates what ever is going on...

Let us know what your doc says!!

Hugs!!

Shauna
Unread 08-28-2005, 02:18 PM
Still Nauseated

Hey technobunny,
I sent you a private message but not sure i did it right, did you recieve ? To the rest of you ...I haven't had heartburn since my last pregnancy 16 years ago but guess what I have it now . I also have a poor appetite now and nausea, but when I do eat there's the indigestion. I personally think that many of us lack appetite because we are struggeling with one complication os another from the surgery and not sleeping on top of that and so of course we are not very hungry. my husband is my rock and keeps reminding me that this will pass and life will be normal again someday. I sure hope so.
Unread 08-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Still Nauseated

Technobunny- Be very careful if you expect you may have gallbladder problems and they want to take it out. I had surgery for that in March because of nausea and it was actually caused from some medication I was on. They said my gallbladder was functioning slowly and would eventually get worse, but I haven't had any improvement and the surgery was 5 months ago.
Do you think that your still having problems from the bacterial imbalance that the antibiotics caused?
Leisha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register