((Blush)) I wanna ask my dr | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

((Blush)) I wanna ask my dr ((Blush)) I wanna ask my dr

Unread 01-13-2006, 08:05 AM
((Blush)) I wanna ask my dr

What he did to my vagina!! I was so scared sex would be oh so difficult and "different". wow, let me tell you, may be tmi - but you know how most woman have the clitoral o's but rarely the vaginal o's? THAT has always been me, it takes more than simply intercourse to get me goin'.

NOW...I can have two or three vaginal with JUST intercourse! It is amazing! There is no pain, no fear of if he hits that spot I'm going to be in a fetal position in pain for hours! There is nothing but enjoyment and pleasure and WOW has it changed my life!

I never much cared for sex, it has been painful and more for him for as long as I can remember. I'm a new woman with my new vagina now! I feel like a teenager with sex on my mind all day!

Seriously, I wanna ask my dr if he did something. Maybe he sewed in some extra "feel good" nerves or something. I could just kiss him! He changed my life in so many ways!

I signed up at the YMCA and start yoga and some other classes next week, I am signing up for dancing lessons and will be out there doing the salsa and the cha cha like a pro, I feel great, I am on NO DRUGS for pain, period control, nothing! I am interested in sex again, soemthing I just had resigned myself to accept that I would never enjoy. I've been out to buy sexy stuff, I feel like a new woman! I am so glad I did this finally!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2006, 08:27 AM

You go girl! I'm not quite up to that yet, still a little uncomfortable when we have sex, but I tell you what--I have lots of feelings stirring "down there" that are rearing to get going!!!! Have fun, fun, fun!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 01-13-2006, 08:33 AM

Wow! That's great! If you get brave enough to ask, let me know if he did do something! I sure hope something like that happens for me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2006, 08:53 AM

I'll tell ya - my boyfriend and i have been together over four years and we pretty much just stopped having intercourse long ago. We did other "things", but I really missed intercourse or what I thought it should be. It never really has been, and I have always felt cheated from the enjoyment of sex.

He made the comment that my whole personality has changed sexually and I am the "dominant" now. Whereas before I was just simply kinda ** hum about things, and just followed his lead, I now initiate and demand!

I was afraid of the vaginal dryness thing too, have heard that a lot from sisters, I had that problem before so kinda assumed I would now need to by stock in a lubrication company as for sure I would need it for the rest of my life.
I threw it away! I don't need it! Everything works great down there, better than ever.

Take it slow ladies, the first few weeks of intercourse were tough, I had all the stirrings, but bled each time and had twinges of pain. New Years we took off for Austin and rented a hotel for two days and THAT was where the honeymoon phase started for us all over again! I forgot what it was like to want someone. Four weeks post op dr said it was ok to have sex, by 6 weeks and Austin, I started really enojoying it!
Unread 01-13-2006, 09:12 AM

You guys give me GREAT hope!!!!!THANX!
Unread 01-13-2006, 09:17 AM

Hi Shelly,
I noticed in your signature you mention BSO for chronic hormonal migraines. What is BSO?

I have no idea what was left after my hyster, although he did say my overies were kept. I was suppose to only have the uterus removed but I suppose the cervix could be gone too? I had a VH. Can't remember what my doctor told me, except he said it went very well. I have toyed with calling and asking, or just waiting until my post-op ckup Feb. 2nd? Don't want to be a pain if I'm not having problems!

I have struggled with chronic hormonal migraines for years and would love a solution, other than migraine meds. Been there, and didn't care for the side effects.
Liz
Unread 01-13-2006, 09:29 AM

I know i cant have sex yet, but the urge is there.............What is the difference between a LSH and a LAVH....I still seem to get confused......
Unread 01-13-2006, 09:49 AM

Hi Liz,

BSO is "bilateral salpingo oophorectomy" - in other words, I had both my ovaries and fallopian tubes removed as well as my uterus and cervix. Unlike most folks here, I didn't have fibroids, endo or any of the other uterine issues... but I started getting chronic migraines with perimenopause, starting 12 years ago (at age 35) -- it's just gotten worse and worse and worse till I was missing at least 1 day work/week and was ready to off myself. My mom had exactly the same thing, until she hit full menopause -- at 47, my age now (unfortunately I wasn't seeming to get any closer to menopause). The migraines stopped for her then.

I tried for about a year and a half to find preventive methods -- every med you can think of, acupuncture, massage, etc. Nothing worked. My doctor referred me to my gyn, and both of them said that they had other patients who had been helped with their migraines through hysterectomy. I had brought it up with the neurologist the year before, but he said the research showed that it made some people worse. In the end, I decided at the advice of my gyn (and after reading just about every post on this site!) to have my ovaries removed with everything else, since if I didn't do that, it would be hard to get on a "level" dose of hormones to end the headaches. And why have the surgery if I wasn't going to get the hormones right? I would have had just an oophorectomy I think, but I also have HPV, the precursor virus to cervical cancer.

So far, I'm doing much better than before surgery. I haven't had any of the bad migraines that I used to get about every 7-10 days for 2-3 days at a time. I've had mild to moderate body and head aches, but much less -- and I think this is just because I need a little more estrogen than I'm getting now. I see my gyn Tuesday and am going to ask to increase my dose, even though I'm on the 0.1 mg Climara patch now.

Anyway, I know how awful it is to live with chronic migraines, and to try everything you know and still not get relief. So, I will hope that you get help with yours. I'm sure now that it was the constant rise and fall of estrogen in my system that was causing the problem -- because now, I only feel that way when my patch isn't sticking right... Good luck!
Unread 01-13-2006, 09:53 AM

Bonkers101, I need the name of your doctor!
Unread 01-13-2006, 10:33 AM

I hope this happens to me too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register