Sitting here Crying... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sitting here Crying... Sitting here Crying...

Unread 06-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Sitting here Crying...

Hi bigbucknchick,

I agree with Liz and everyone else. This is the best $25 I've spent in awhile. I found out that I need my TAH on May 11. My doctor suggested 4-6 weeks...what did I do...waited until July 21. Now I'm regretting it. Hind sight is 20/20 I know, but if I had had any idea I would feel this bad and hurt this bad...I would check into the hospital tonight if I could. I have a wonderful DH like you. I told him awhile back that I didn't think he needed to stay with me at the hospital and wear himself out. He politely looked at me and said, "You're not going to remember, but I'm going to be there for you, no matter what you think." I love him to pieces! Hang in there (and I'm talking to myself when I say this!)...it will get better. You only have a little while more to go!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2006, 01:50 AM
Sitting here Crying...

You bet this is a big deal!You go ahead and vent all you want we are here for you.I felt I had no one to vent with before I had my surgery either.I didn't even get a phone call from my mom to see if I was alright or not.It really hurt me alot!My hubby didn't really want to talk about it either.I think he was more scare than I was.The only person that would really listen to me was my grandmother.She also had a hyster yrs. ago, so she was a big help.This site with all my sisters helped out alot too.Thank you hystersisters!!!
Unread 06-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Sitting here Crying...

Oh Chick, I'm so sorry you are feeling so low today. That's where I was yesterday. Today I feel like I have more of a grip on myself. You are so lucky to have such a wonderful and supporting husband. As a single mom I've always felt that I had to be the strong one, so it's hard to let go and be needy. I know your situation is different, but I think it's part of what makes us anxious and fall apart, the fact that we are used to being the care givers and really don't know how to be the receivers and sometimes other people forget that we are in a position to need to receive care right now and not be the one to give it. Did any of that make sense? Remember, we are going through this together. I should be coming out of surgery as you are going in. Let me know how your pre op goes on Friday and I'll fill you in on mine. Good luck girlfriend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Sitting here Crying...

here's another AMEN to your post! The Provera is making me a crazy woman right now. Last night I was yelling at my son to take the dog out then I was balling my eyes out for NO reason...My mother went thru a lot of this but was able to avoid a hysterectomy so she is questioning everything even tho it's been 5 years of crap. DH has been supportive, but he's still a guy Vent away! I have and I think it's the only way to stay sane
Unread 06-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Sitting here Crying...

My problem is that I am not sleeping too. I am on about 6 hours of sleep for 3 days and they have called in another script (makes me sick)to try and make the flood go away, 20 days going strong (not a record)... I am better today but still exhausted. My DH left to go back to work till the day of my surgery 7/7 and I feel bad but everything the kids (5,6) do gets on my nerves. My Head is spinning around My housekeeper came today so I have a nice clean house thankfully, but the changing clothes 3-5 times per day has left me with MOUNDS of laundry. Life will be all good soon, just keep plugging along. Thanks to everyone for your kind words and support. It really means the world to me!
Unread 06-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Sitting here Crying...

Sleep deprivation is NOT fun! I hear you about the never ending period, too.
I did my best to play "go fish" with my 7 yo today... the poor kid. I've spent so much time in bed and in the bathroom lately, I figure she forgot what I look like. "Life will be good soon" Oh yes! Val
Unread 06-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Sitting here Crying...

I'm sorry your feeling so blue and tired. It is, however, normal to feel that way. We all get scared and overwhelmed at times leading up to the surgery. I'm a little over one week post-op and can definatly say that waiting was the hardest part. The rest sort of flies by. Try not to dwell on the insomnia to much, just think how relaxing GA will be?! Come vent here any time, thats what we are here for
Unread 06-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Sitting here Crying...

Hi, chick. Everyone is right - this is a BIG deal! I was so terrified before my surgery, it's all I talked about to my friends and family. But your husband sounds great. You're lucky - I went through it with no husband. Just an ex-boyfriend who tortured me my first night home because he was the only one who could pick me up and thought he should be thanked a thousand times! Without this website, I don't think I would have kept my sanity.

Sweetie, remember, your husband is on your side. You probably have a lot of HORMONES making you crazy right now. It doesn't make it any easier, I know, but you aren't going crazy. This is normal. Your mom isn't able to give you what you need right now, so the best thing is to try not to get it from her. It's her problem, not yours. It's so sad that sometimes the people we love can't meet our emotional needs. But it's a fact of life. I suspect that you've struggled with her with other issues, also. Give yourself a break, but try not to sink into self-pity and push those away who do want to be there for you. Hey, I'm here for you, too, and so is every other woman on this website!

God bless and good luck. You vent all you want.

Rebecca
Unread 06-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Praying support to you today Chick

Chick,
God bless your heart. I am new here and am scheduled for my TVH Aug 2nd. That put aside I am not here right now to talk about me. I want you to know that you are among so many women here who really care. Women understand women most of all so you see you have an extended family who you can call on anytime you need to. I appreciate everyone who has opened their hearts to me without even knowing me. For all of the advice and encouragement so all you ladies reading this I want to say thank you. .

Chick you post anything you want to say and remember we are only a keystroke away.
God bless and I have you in my prayers.
Liz
Unread 06-27-2006, 07:22 PM
Sitting here Crying...

Hi,Please keep talking and venting!That's what we are here for,to help each other through these time's.My tvh is coming up soon Hang in there,we are gonna make it.And then we will be helping other's do the same.Your husband sound's like a great guy,let him take care of you.I know you feel upset with your family,I'm sure they are very worried about you.Try to stay focused on you right now,and I wish you the best with your surgery and a great recovery.Take care,you will be in my thought's,remember that you are not alone!!We are with you all the way!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register