Anyone have thyroid problems? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone have thyroid problems? Anyone have thyroid problems?

Unread 10-23-2006, 01:26 PM
Anyone have thyroid problems?

I don't know if I actually developed the thyroid problems after I had my surgery or if they were already there and it just brought the symptoms out enough that we found it. But I have been diagnosed as hypothyroid. I am taking meds which don't help with everything but do help a little. Today though I was so busy this morning that I forgot my pill and now I am so exausted I can't get up from my chair and could easily fall asleep.

Can I take the pill this late? It's 5 hours later than I normally would take it... I'd call the Dr but they are at lunch till 1:30 and pretty **** useless as they just put in a phone consult and have 48 hours to call back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2006, 01:44 PM

I have had a thyroid disease since i was 14....31 now. Yes go ahead and take your pill late!!! I know i have been told to take it at the same time everyday for it to be more effective...but...work full time , mother of 2 and house wife....sometimes i forget. Better to take it late then not at all today. hope this helps you.
Unread 10-23-2006, 01:57 PM

Thanks... I just grabed it! Hopefully it will help wake me up even though it is so late. I know they made a big point of telling me to take it at the same time each day and to make sure it was 1 hour before eating anything or 3 hours after my last meal so my stomach was empty and I have slightly delayed emptying so probably should wait at least 4-5 hours! I last ate at 11 but if I kept waiting then it would be almost dinner time by the time I took the pill and I would be even more off schedule! I didn't even realize I forgot to take it till about 10 am when I was out of my house and started going rapidly down hill. I really never would have thought the symptoms would get so bad so quickly if I missed a pill. Of course I am also still wondering if I am even on the right pill because I still have symptoms even when I do take it regularly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2006, 02:01 PM

I am hypothyroid also. I am convinced my thyroid is what started my whole gyn problems in the first place. When I finally started on armour, my symptoms...gyn and all the others...went away! Only too bad it didn't have any effect on the adeno. Dangit. ;0)
Unread 10-24-2006, 12:13 AM

QueenR,

I was hypo and also had thyroid cancer. My thyroid was removed a couple of years ago and I am forever on synthroid.

My suggestion to you, if you don't start feeling better, is to have your levels checked. They sometimes have to adjust mine. This is just a thought.
Unread 10-24-2006, 11:33 AM

I had a TAH at 37 years of age back in April of 2005. By September of 2005 I was diagnosed with Thyroiditis. My thyroid went absolutely crazy. I went from an extreme "Hyper Thyroid" state to a "Hypo Thyroid" state within a 3 month window. It was horrible. I have supposedly gone back to "Normal" now, but I still deal with heart palpitations & rapid heart rates.

I had never had any Thyroid problems before so I asked both my ob gyn and my "new" endocrinologist if there could be a relationship between the TAH/HRT and my new-found Thyroidistis. Neither seemed to consider the possibility and/or show concern. I am still battling a multitude of post TAH problems to this day. No fun as I am only 38.
Unread 10-24-2006, 12:58 PM

YES - take your pill when you remember it!
I was diagnosed hypothyroid two years ago. It took a full year before they got my dose correct - then I had to also switch from Synthroid to Armour Thyroid because the Armour has both T3 and T4. AND - I just had to increase my thyroid meds because I'm now on the Vivelle patch.

Any time you gain or lose weight, or change any other hormones (like estrogen, progesterone, etc.), your thyroid levels need to be checked more often. After your thyroid levels become "normal" - then your thyroid levels will need to be checked every six months thereafter.

I hope this helps.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register