2 days to go...praying I dont FREAK! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 days to go...praying I dont FREAK! 2 days to go...praying I dont FREAK!

Unread 05-21-2008, 03:16 PM
2 days to go...praying I dont FREAK!

My surgery is bright and early on the 23rd. It seems like I have been waiting forever. The closer and closer the date gets, the more anxious I am. :run3: Im ready to go and get it over with but I keep worrying about everything. I just hope I dont get to the hospital and start panicking! I finally sat down with my my DH the other night and told him all my worries. When I was all done he said, "The only thing I'm worried about is that you wont be sitting here with me." I started crying. If he is willing to put up with whatever crazy person I may be afterwards, I know I can do this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2008, 04:26 PM

Aww, that is just so sweet. I think men, not that I have one at the moment, worry and it is so much harder for them to put into words what they are feeling. Men really aren't wired the same way as women are. It is great that he was able to let you know how he feels and let you know he's with you all the way.
Unread 05-21-2008, 04:32 PM

hi dont worry about getting to the hospital and panicking i did that bit for you i was an absolute wreck they practically had to carry me into the operating theatre ive never been so scared in my life so i understand where you are at the moment and i wish i could help take away your fears
I can only try and reasure you that the waiting is the worst bit if you look on the post op forum you will see that almost all of us have felt just as scared as you and you will also see that almost all of us are recovering well
things going wrong is a very rare occurance you will be fine
if its any help im 3 weeks post op and my recovery has been fine i only stayed in 2 nights and have had a smooth recovery just remember to pamper the princess and rest and dont over do it im sure your dh will treat you like a princess
i hope all goes well
hugs mickey love xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2008, 05:20 PM
I Know It Is Easy To Say, But....

Please try not to be scared. You will be so happy you did it. I am. I have to admit though, I felt like you guys, but a sort of peace came over me when we got to the hospital on April 25. It is by far one of the best things I ever ever did. I feel GREAT. You will too. Hang on...the anxiety is the worst part of the whole thing. If any of you have bad pain now. Recovery pain....that's a BREEZE! I actually kept refusing the Percocet they were trying to give me because the pain I had was nothing like the pain before surgery. I would have taken 2 Percocet at a time before surgery every hour and a sedative to calm my presurgery jitters. It was so worth it you guys. You won't believe how tremendous you feel afterwards. Stay positive! Believe in a quick healing and it'll happen for you. My prayers go up for all of you.

Unread 05-21-2008, 05:28 PM

Hi Sunshine!
Please try and not worry ( I know, easier said than done!) really though, the waiting is the hardest part. I had SAH on April 22, 2008 and my recovery has been pretty smooth (knock in wood...would hate to jinx myself) was in the hospital 3 days and when looking back the worst part for me was laying there in the bed having the nurses stick needles into my hand for the IV and just waiting to be wheeled off! The best part was when the anesthesiologist came to talk to me and gave me a "cocktail" that really relaxed me...it was great...I asked him if he had it in pill form....he just laughed. Just remember to take good care of yourself, be patient and not do too much after surgery....it will be over before ya know it!!!
Unread 05-21-2008, 07:00 PM

{{{sunshine}}} Prayers to you for a successful procedure and a fast, pain free recovery!!! Being "freaked" is completely normal. I am sure I will be that way too when my date finally arrives. Just take a deep breath and remember its almost over!!! Sounds like you are blessed with awesome support from your DH!! That's fantastic.

Hang in there and take good care. Blessings to you.
Unread 05-22-2008, 02:39 PM

Hey Sunshine - you go first ; ) Just teasing - I'm a few days behind you but I too, am worried. I have panic attacks every hour or so. I am glad you were able to talk to your DH - and that he seems so compassionate. Mine doesn't get why I'm upset - he says the procedures are routine. Maybe he is trying to comfort but it feels as though he is making light of the situation. I guess we are just very lucky we have people to talk to period.
Unread 05-22-2008, 04:06 PM

I know exactly how you are feeling! I had my pre op appointment today and actually tried to convince my doctor that I do not need the surgery!
I know I need it and I know everything will be fine, but I can not help but freak out!
My TAH/BSO is scheduled for June 1st and I am sure I will be crying the entire time they are wheeling me in!
Good luck to you!
Unread 05-22-2008, 09:57 PM

Thank you all. Wisk me luck. Off I go. Good luck to all of you. See you on the flip side. We are women, here us rawrrr! lol
Unread 05-23-2008, 07:43 AM

Best of luck, Sunshine!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register