2weeks post op from davinci and NOW I start spotting? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2weeks post op from davinci and NOW I start spotting? 2weeks post op from davinci and NOW I start spotting?

Unread 03-14-2013, 09:22 AM
2weeks post op from davinci and NOW I start spotting?

I had a tiny bit of spotting in hospital but it stopped before I left hospital. Now I'm headed for my 2week post op appt today and I started spotting ever so slightly last night. Not enough to see in my underwear but I see it when I wipe. I also have had this dull continuous pain in my right side since yesterday morning. Could they be related? I'm gonna ask the dr just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Re: 2weeks post op from davinci and NOW I start spotting?

I experienced very light spotting the day of my surgery and then nothing for more than 3 weeks. My spotting was a little heavier than yours sounds, but when I called my doctor's office, his nurse reassured me that anything light within 6 weeks could be considered normal. I did not have any pain or discomfort associated with my spotting. But since you are seeing your doctor today, you should be able to get your question answered there.

My only discomfort came when I overdid it. Which I had to be careful of after week 2 because that is when I started to feel better. So even though I felt better, I still had a lot of internal healing to do. Listen to your body, it will tell you when to rest.
Unread 03-14-2013, 10:29 AM

I did not spot until about 8 days post op, when I called the Dr. they stated that it was normal and a sign of the healing process.

At my 2 week post op my Dr. did a pelvic and said everything was fine. I spotted just as you said only on the tissue. This lasted off and on until week 4.

I will be 6 weeks Monday and have not had any spotting since the beginning of week 4. I noticed it more when I over did things and with BMs. One night I talked with a friend on the phone and laughed so much that it made me spot more, this was during week 2.

It all sounds normal to me just be sure to ask your Dr. their reassurance will be the best for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2013, 03:45 PM

Spotting at this point is common- your stitches are dissolving and you're becoming more active. Don't sweat it unless it becomes heavy bleeding or you develop signs of an infection like fever, a foul or sickly sweet odor, or the ever popular peeing what feels like hot pepper sauce.
Unread 03-14-2013, 03:53 PM

Hi - I'm 2 weeks, 3 days post-op DVH, and I am still spotting when I go pee and a little on the pantyliners. I have just a small amt. most every day, but I've noticed there is a bit more - and brighter red when I am more active. So, then I just slow down. I think it's good to just notice and then slow down as needed. My Dr. said as long as it's not clots or a lot, not to worry.

My Dr. also told me the sutures at the end of the vagina are very strong, and designed not to dissolve for 3 months. They can cause some irritation and spotting. I imagine that the more I move around, the more they're irritating the tissues around them just a little. As they dissolve of course this will go away.

Happy Healing, take it easy, listen to your body and you'll do great!
Unread 03-14-2013, 04:05 PM

Well doc said I'm doing way too much. My kids are on spring break so I have been quite active playing referee. Lol. She said as soon as I can I need to rest and take it easy and the pain should go away.
Unread 03-14-2013, 08:11 PM

I have experienced the exact same thing. The spotting kind of caught me off guard two weeks out after nothing. Just keeping an eye on it. My firsr post-op appt is not until Monday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register