I'm home and recovering | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm home and recovering I'm home and recovering

Unread 02-24-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm home and recovering

I'm feeling pretty good. This website made all the difference. I went to the hospital a bit nervous, but knowing I was as prepared as I could possibly be.

My surgery took place Monday morning at about 10 a.m. I was released Wednesday at about 1:30 p.m., much to the surprise of my doctor. Because he had to do a large vertical incision, he expected me to be with them until at least Thursday, possibly Friday. However, thanks to all of you, I knew how to help my body on the road to healing.

The several small fibroids and one large one they expected turned out to be one very large, oddly shaped fibroid. The doctor found a cyst and what appeared to be evidence of endometriosis on one ovary, so he removed the right tube and ovary, but he was able to leave my left ovary and tube. The pathology report came back clean, so everything is going well.

I'm so very glad I had this done. I didn't have horrible symptoms before, but I know that things were only going to get bigger and harder to remove. I'm moving slowly and sleeping lots, but I can feel my body getting stronger. Thanks for all the help.

And, for those of you who are still ladies in waiting, I will keep you in my prayers. Read and follow the suggestions from those who have been there. It really does help, and, believe it or not, the waiting really is the harest part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2006, 10:49 AM
I'm home and recovering

Ribbits, Glad your home and able to get around. Mine is next Monday. They told me to expect to go home on Wednesday. I think I want an extra day. I guess we"ll have to see how I am feeling.

I am sooo happy that you got to keep an ovary.

Pamper yourself and rest, rest, rest!!!!!!

'S
Unread 02-24-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm home and recovering

Welcome home!! Make sure you get plenty of rest. It is time to
s
Lynn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm home and recovering

Glad to see you made it home, ribbits. My LSH surgery went well on Mon. as well. Now we just have to rest and let our bodies complete the healing process. Its good to be on the other side of healing!
Unread 02-24-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm home and recovering

Welcome Home ............

Now rest and heal......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register