Sadness out of nowhere | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sadness out of nowhere Sadness out of nowhere

Unread 03-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Sadness out of nowhere

I'm 16 days post op & am doing well. All of a sudden yesterday I got depressed out of no where. It just kind of hit me all at once. Anyone else feeling blue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Re: Sadness out of nowhere

You are not alone! I keep crying at everything. The sun went away and I cried. The sun came back out and I cried. My husband went to work and I cried. This is not like me at all! We will get through this.
Unread 03-01-2012, 10:56 AM

It is very common for you to feel sad. Some of it is hormonal. Even if you kept your ovaries or had them removed and are taking HRT, it takes some time for your hormones to get evened out.

It is also common to experience some sadness due to the type of surgery you just went through. You have been through a lot and you have suffered a loss. Even those who thought their families were complete, still feel a sense of loss after hysterectomy and there is a grieving period.

You are most definitely not alone in this. I think it happens to almost everyone who goes through this. It does get better, I promise!!!

to you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpackerfan View Post
You are not alone! I keep crying at everything. The sun went away and I cried. The sun came back out and I cried. My husband went to work and I cried. This is not like me at all! We will get through this.
Omg thank you! I thought I was losin it!
Unread 03-01-2012, 07:39 PM

It's amazing how fast it can come on, isn't it? And it can go away that quickly too, only to return later.... You aren't alone in this, my emotions are very touchy too. Good luck to you, hang in there and it will be better!
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:35 PM

I cried ALL the time the first two weeks!!! Lately, just like you, it comes in waves out of nowhere! I'm taking one day at a time!! Hang in there...you are not alone!!! :-)
Unread 03-01-2012, 10:27 PM

You are definitely NOT alone! My emotions have been all over the place. I have cried more the last couple of weeks than I have in my life! My Hubby is a saint for being so understanding and putting up with me. My kids are grown, and I got a clean (no cancer) path report so I should be really happy - right? Wrong!! I think our hormones are just going a little crazy right now. Hang in there. We will get through this!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register