So today... 8 days post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So today... 8 days post op So today... 8 days post op

Unread 01-31-2013, 09:42 AM
So today... 8 days post op

My swelly belly has gone done a significant amount. I started spotting and my doctor didn'. Seem cconcerned at all. The new thing is bc of the swelling going away I feel a sense of being empty inside and stuff falling. I wonder if this normal? I assume I can just feel now that the swellings gone, it's weird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2013, 10:15 AM
Re: So today... 8 days post op

I sort of know what you are talking about. I didn't feel like stuff was falling, but I felt almost unsteady, like all the swelling and bloating before and after surgery was keeping me upright, and now I have to do it myself. It felt almost like I was too light. But, when the doctor takes things out, the other stuff tends to shift around a bit (not like sloshy) so maybe that is what you are feeling?
Unread 01-31-2013, 10:31 AM

Yes this exactly what I'm feeling. Like now the swelling is gone things have room to adjust. It's so strange.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2013, 02:10 PM

I'm 8 days today and what I feel is a stabby pain around where my stuff used to be. This just started this morning.
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:14 PM

I'm having the same kinds of pains today, too. I'm worried that I overdid it today.
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:18 PM

I'm worried I didn't too. Now I have a low grade fever for some reason. Now I won't sleep all night from worry :-( I can't wait to feel better.
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:54 PM

Ladies, it's normal to feel aches and pains during early recovery, especially if you think you were a little too active. It means you really need to take it easy. And remember, you've just had major surgery less than 2 weeks ago. bbdivine0303, don't worry all night over a slight fever. You need to rest. If it's still there in the morning or gets over 101, definitely call your doctor. A couple sisters have posted about fevers early on that just went away. Also watch out for the flu. It's nasty this year. Take care.
Unread 02-01-2013, 07:18 AM

My hospital strongly encouraged a flu shot. It made my fingers numb.
I've went from stabbing pains to a shooting pain today. It's aggravating.
Unread 02-01-2013, 07:53 AM

Fever broke and I haven't had one since. Weird :-\
Unread 02-01-2013, 08:21 AM

I am 8 days post op today also. I have had the "empty" feeling for a few days now. It's just a strange feeling, not painful. Feels much better than the constant bloated/heavy feeling from before though. I too have severe stabbing pain on the side the ovary was removed. Sharp/stabbing - I described it as a muscle ripping. Sneezing is my enemy right now! Just taking it easy.

My concern now is the hot flashes. Never had a hot flash in my life. Doc said my one good ovary would compensate for losing the other and I would be fine. The last two nights I have had the great pleasure of learning all about hot flashes/night sweats. I am hoping this is just my body readjusting and my good ovary will kick it into gear the next few months and diminish the night sweats/hot flashes. Any others have this?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register