Post Op question regarding intimacy. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post Op question regarding intimacy. Post Op question regarding intimacy.

Unread 01-24-2014, 04:07 PM
Post Op question regarding intimacy.

Well I truly won't know if my sex life has changed I have been seperated for 7 years now but often we would still sneak away but over time I just realized that is all we were about.. I need more anyway I did ask my (MBF) male best friend to do me the honor of sleeping with me once I get dr clearance, is that wrong we do care deeply for one another but decided not to get into a relationship because we live so far from each other..all comments good and bad are welcomed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2014, 06:41 PM
Re: Post Op question regarding intimacy.

Sex complicates a friendship. It will never be the same. I know you want to test the waters but don't know I would risk it. 😌
Unread 01-24-2014, 06:51 PM

[quote=culkin39180;4287092]Sex complicates a friendship. It will never be the same. I know you want to test the waters but don't know I would risk it. 😌[/QUO
Thankk you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2014, 08:26 PM

Depends on the friendship I think. I had a friend - many years ago - he was my best friend. Whenever neither of us was in a relationship we would " get together". Our relationship was love but not inlove - we went through everything together ... But we could not see ourselves " together ". I am now married and we moved far away. My husband was friends with him too. You likely wonder why I use past tense - its only because he " passed ". If not he would likely still be my best friend - we would have just continued to leave the benefits at the door.
Everyone is different. If you talk about it and boundaries are set .....
Unread 01-24-2014, 08:31 PM

I guess it depends on what both of you want and make sure you're in agreement. I had a friend with benefits in the past and I wish it never became sexual. I lost a good friendship because of it and we were never able to just be friends after the sex was gone
Unread 01-24-2014, 08:32 PM

I'm not clear on whether this friend is the one you used to be involved with sexually or a different friend with no past sex. If this is a return to the past, it may get his hopes up. Actually, either way it could get his hopes up. These arrangements tend to change friendships forever and often end them, from what I've seen. So consider that before you proceed. It may be comfortable to be with someone you know but is it worth losing a friend. It's a personal decision and may not be an easy one. Best wishes making the best decision for you.
Unread 01-24-2014, 08:32 PM

We have talked about it, we talk about anything, everything and nothing. When I asked him he was shocked and honored and I think it makes it easy because we live so far away from each other. I know how he feels about me and he knows how I feel about him. I want it to be special, I just don't want to be with anyone when it is time for me to have that special moment with someone.
Unread 01-24-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyown View Post
I'm not clear on whether this friend is the one you used to be involved with sexually or a different friend with no past sex. If this is a return to the past, it may get his hopes up. Actually, either way it could get his hopes up. These arrangements tend to change friendships forever and often end them, from what I've seen. So consider that before you proceed. It may be comfortable to be with someone you know but is it worth losing a friend. It's a personal decision and may not be an easy one. Best wishes making the best decision for you.
This friend and I have never had sex but we do spend a lot of time together when I am in town visiting my family, we go to dinner, movies, bars etc.... but we have never been intimate, hugged and held hands only. If others saw us out they would think we are a couple but we are not..
Unread 01-24-2014, 10:13 PM

Hi Malikah I hear you loud and clear, it's been awhile for me too with my divorce and all, and I think to myself I would love to ask someone I know to have the special intimacy I crave after I get the go ahead from the Doc, I am so glad you posted this, I am sure there are more woman out there with the same dilemma.
Unread 01-24-2014, 10:24 PM

Good luck with finding that right person ladies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register