unexpected pain - 5 months post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

unexpected pain - 5 months post hysterectomy unexpected pain - 5 months post hysterectomy

Unread 06-08-2017, 04:12 PM
unexpected pain - 5 months post hysterectomy

Hi sisters..
It has been almost 5 months post surgery. Everything had been smooth, but all of a sudden I experienced both lower back and abdominal pain once again. Now I have right sided pain - sharp. It is so bad, so bad I went to the ER. They did blod work and a ct scan, and it showed I have a cyst on my left ovary now (I had one on my right, and that ovary was removed during the surgery). But I don't know what it could be now. I see my surgeon/obgyn tomorrow about it. I'm scared.
Any suggestions on what elseit could be. .gallbladder? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Re: unexpected pain - 5 months post op

Hello MidnightStar79

I am sorry to hear that you are having pains once again. Fluids collect in a cyst which can gradually begin to weight it down or put more pressure on your ovary. It can also create a pulling sensation when you move around. Pain can be caused from a cyst rupturing.

Is your pain localized to your lower back and abdomen…? Usually with gallbladders, you might feel that pain under your rib cage or even between your shoulder blades along with a host of other symptoms.

It is good that you are getting checked out and evaluate. This will provide the opportunity to work with your doctor on figuring out potential solutions to what can be done after you have a scan (prescriptions, see if will resolve/reabsorb on its own, etc).

One day/week at a time sweetie. Please remember that you are never alone.
Let us know how you are doing!
Unread 06-11-2017, 02:37 PM
unexpected pain - 5 months post hysterectomy

Lisa ~
Yes I have been experiencing lower abdominal pain and lower back pain too. According to my obgyn I saw on Friday, (haven't got the full report on the ct) he says I do have fluid in my left ovary..cyst. Plus an infection (besides a yeast.. the ER says that I do have a cyst too. I'm on pain meds and a pill to fight the infection. Plus go see my gastrologist (left side began to hurt, not too bad now).
When they did my blood work in the er it came back at 16 (it was 10 a month after the surgery).
I see my primary dr on Wednesday and see what she says. Then I go to my orthopedic dr on Thursday to see how my physical therapy is on my back. It's crazy. . This pain is awful. I am scared on what is wrong with me.
~ Sara

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register