10 Days left and SCARED!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 Days left and SCARED!! 10 Days left and SCARED!!

Unread 03-19-2006, 11:56 AM
10 Days left and SCARED!!

For me the days leading to my surgery were worse than anything I have experienced post op. Now I am recovering but the surgery is behind me and I am so glad to have all the anxiety behind me too. I had never had surgery before either and had only stayed over night when I had my babies too. But they took good care of me and in a blink of an eye here I am almost 2 weeks later. It flew by. I am sure you will be fine. Come here to post op if you need any help or suggestions.
Take Care,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2006, 06:03 PM

LvnLakers ~
I only posted yesterday that I couldn't seem to stay away from sweets and now it seems everything is making me sick! What a rollercoaster.....except not as fun! I don't know if I just realized how close it is or what but now food is just not appetizing at all....not even my beloved mint chocolate.
I have also been reading the Hyster Stories since it was mentioned during this post and it's really helping me. Most of them are very reassuring and it helps to see how others have coped afterwards. Some people may have had a few hiccups but nothing major and are on their way to feeling better day by day. I would try reading a few about the surgery you are having and see if it helps at all.
Hang in there!
Unread 03-20-2006, 06:55 AM

Hi, LvnLakers-
I could have written most of your post! My date is the same as yours. I've lost about 70 lbs in the last 2.5 years...well, it was 70. The way I've been eating the last 2 weeks, I'm afraid to get on the scale. Also, working out has (had) become a way of life for me. These days I'm really fighting the "what's the use" attitude.

I've just been trying to keep busy, especially training my kiddos to do all the things that I usually do. I think they'll rise to the challenge.

Although I'm a little scared about the surgery, Auntie Flow has decided to pay me an early visit, and dealing with all this makes me so ready to get all this over with.

Hang in there. It's not that much longer. I really think the anticipation is going to be worse than the recovery.
Unread 03-20-2006, 10:05 AM

My surgery is the 29th and I too, am beginning to freak out. I have 2 boys 6 and 4 1/2. I know they will be cared for, but its not the same as when Mommy does it! That is the part that will make me nuts. I don't handle anesthesia very well, and I am so afraid of vomitting and holding my stomach at the same time. I do plan on telling them that I get sick from it, so hopefully they will give me something to prevent that. I cleaned my house for 8 hours on Saturday. I would have to say it is very clean. I try to get things put aside for the castle, but then I change paths to do something else. All I can do is hope things move along smoothly. Best of luck to you! See you on the other side.
Unread 03-20-2006, 11:12 AM

Thank You everyone for your kind words!! I am still scared but I know I will be fine! I talked to my hubby this AM about the surgery we haven't really TALKED about it. I finally just asked him if he was going to be upset about not having anymore babies. I'm only 27 and its weird to think I Can't have babies I don't want anymore but It still makes me a little sad. Anyone else feel this way?? He does want another but he said my health is more important!!
As far as the nesting I have a three page list of things I want to get done before surgery of course it wont all get done. I have scrubbed the bathroom top to bottom cleaned out the linen closet, medicine cabinet, and the drawers it is now one clean bathroom! Its just hard because I am a stay at home so my life is my family and home so I just worry about who will do it. I know I know I need to worry about myself. My mom is being wonderful and my dear friends are to but its still just not the same my babies don't sleep through the night the 3 yr old is being potty trained they are a handful and I worry about my mom having to deal with it for so long.
I appreciate everyone here this site is helping me immensely its nice to just put my feelings out there.
Unread 03-20-2006, 11:20 AM

Bonjovilover,
I barfed twice in the castle. When I felt like I had to I was so scared my staples would pop. I didn't even feel them pull. I held a little pillow there but there was no bleeding or anything. I was amazed that it wasn't bad. So even if you do barf you will be okay. Also I got sick not from the anesthesia but because I didn't eat for 2 days and took pain pills. So don't make my mistake, eat a bit here and there just to keep something in the tummy.
Unread 03-20-2006, 11:33 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I never thought about that. I will try and each something when they give it to me.
Unread 03-20-2006, 11:40 AM

Fall Flowers - my kids are teens, too - DS is 13 and DD is 17. My surgery got pushed up to the happen the Thursday before our Spring Break began, so the kids were out this past week - my first week of recovery. DH was home, too, but I just knew it would be horrid. It wasn't! Seemed the kids have risen to the challenge. My son learned to brown ground meat to make his own supper (nachos) one day. My daughter has learned to grocery shop. I even heard her ask her pesky little brother if he wanted to join her on some outings! More than one blessing can come out of this surgery ordeal!!
Unread 03-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Calm yourself

I'm 10 days post-op and am so surprised at how do-able this whole process is. Get yourself and your house all prepped before you leave for the hospital. Have the cupboards stocked with easy, light foods, get your kids on board too. Have them clean their rooms and get a weeks worth of school clothes all lined up and ready to go. I even got the dog extra snacks to occupy herself when I needed to sleep. The more you can get done now means less you have to worry about later. Your first week will be slow going and you'll be pretty dependent on others but it's amazing how fast your turn the corner. I was scared beyond words and this was my 4th surgery!!! Everything went well and yours will too!! Surround yourself with helpful people and get your recovery off to a good start. You'll be just fine!!Good luck and best wishes for a steady recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register