A few questions... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A few questions... A few questions...

Unread 10-31-2005, 07:04 AM
A few questions...

Good Morning Sisters!

Today is 7 days post op and hubby has gone back to work and I have some alone time! Don't get me wrong, he is wonderful...the love of my life and has not let me do a thing, but the quiet is kinda nice ...

Does anyone else have a hard, tight area around their incision? About an inch all the way around my incision is hard and feels not at all like my skin. Is that just scar tissue? Will it go away? Also, I had instructions upon leaving the hospital to call my dr. and have a follow up visit scheduled. I havn't called yet, so I have no visit scheduled. How long should I wait before I go back and have him check? I have been having no real severe problems, but the dr.'s office is an hour away from my home and I am DREADING the ride...it was bad enough home from the hospital....

Thanks!!

Roberta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2005, 07:49 AM
A few questions...

You need to call quickly for an appointment. My doctor wanted to see me no later than 2 weeks post op. She checked the incisions, looked for infection, and did a vaginal exam to make sure all was ok. She discovered an infection in the early stages so I am really glad I went and caught it.

As far as the ride, I can relate. My doctor is an hour away and the ride home was terrible! My husband hurried instead of taking it easy (thinking the hurry would help but I just felt like a egg about to break). But I can say that the ride 2 weeks later was actually easier for me. It is amazing how much your body can heal and change in a short time. I don't know what time your appointment is but I went the night before and stayed with a friend in that town, then went to my appointment and returned home soon after. I think breaking up the driving helped. Maybe you can do the same, get a hotel for one night or something.
Unread 10-31-2005, 08:41 AM
A few questions...

Hi Cottonro,

Does the area feel hot or have an "infected" look to it?
It is normal for there to be some swelling around the incission. For me, it felt like there was a rope underneath the length of it. You have many stitches underneath and there is a lot of healing going on. It never hurts to call your Dr with any questions that you have. I am hoping it is nothing more than the normal healing process.

s,
Kay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2005, 09:42 AM
A few questions...

Thanks Kay! The incision itself looks okay. It just has a funny feel to it...but, it doesn't seem to be infected and is not red. It actually does seem to feel like there is a rope there! I think I will let it go (unless it gets worse)..I have my follow up next Monday with the Dr. and boy do I have a list of questions!! Thanks again!

Roberta
Unread 10-31-2005, 09:48 AM
A few questions...

My incision felt like a rope too Roberta. I am almost to week three and it has finally started to smooth out under there.
Unread 10-31-2005, 10:40 PM
A few questions...

at six weeks and returning to work my incision is getting smoother on the edges but the middle is still hard. and yes it does feel like a rope in there!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register