healing ridge | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

healing ridge healing ridge

Unread 06-28-2008, 08:44 PM
healing ridge

My bikin cut is fine on the left, but then it gets hard and turns into a long bump all the way to the right. I talked to the nurse at the doctor's office and she said it was a healing ridge. She couldn't explain why it was only on one side or confirm that it would go away.
Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do? My surgery was on 6/16. Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2008, 07:04 AM
healing ridge

I don't know if it's the same for you, but I had a drain put in on my right side and it took a while for it to heal. I always thought that is was where some of the blood "pooled" and just took a while to go down.

I'm 13 months out now, & it seems like a distant memory, but it does take your body a long time to bounce back! Be patient!!

Leopard fanatic
TAH/BSO 5/23/07
Unread 06-30-2008, 01:10 PM
healing ridge

Thanks for the reply. I did not have a drain so that isn't the cause. Since this is my only"problem" I guess I should be thankful that everything else is going so well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2008, 07:35 PM
healing ridge

I hate to post this b/c I don't want to scare you, but I had (and still have) what seem like hard lumps along my incision (7 weeks post op now) but at 2 weeks post op one of those area's burst open (about 3 inches). (I did have a post op drain)

A lot of blood and fluid came out and I about freaked. Dr. said it was blood that pooled there and NEEDED to get out so it didn't become infected. I don't know why I still have other areas that haven't drained.

I still have the open wound and have been going to wound care for about 3 weeks. It's healing slowly from the inside out. I've been blessed and didn't develop any infections.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I have the same thing, they hurt sometimes, I don't know when they will go away or what the dr.will do about the ones that are still there. BUT if it does pop open don't panic!!!! I was told I have several layers of stitches in there from the inside out, your guts won't fall out, lol.

In fact, mine burst open over a holiday weekend and my doctor didn't send me to the ER, told me to wait and come to his office Tuesday. There are a LOT of bad germs roaming around the hospital and ER and you don't want to be exposed to them with an open wound if not necessary. If by chance it does burst open and you can control the bleeding, you might want to call your doctor before going to the ER.
Unread 07-01-2008, 09:10 PM
healing ridge

Hi Ladies, I had a VH, so no recent abdominal incision, but I did have a baby via C-section a while back, and that was a bikini incision. One side healed into a very fine red line after a few weeks, and the other side was wider, and lumpy and bumpy. After about three months, the lumps started to smooth out, before that baby was walking, the whole thing was thin and very pale pink. Before he started pre-school, the line was a bit lighter than my skin color, and my DH couldn't see it (without his glasses). It looks like all of my other scars, so if you have some old scars, you could get an idea how it might look over time. If this is your first scar, maybe you could check a sibling's scar.

Delcy, you can complain about anything you want here!!! This is the place for it.

Be well. Mindy
Unread 07-02-2008, 02:01 AM
healing ridge

Hi,
I am recovering from LAVH and repairs. Like Mindy, I had a c-section and had a ridge. Turned out I had an infection. The infection cleared over time but the scar wound up getting bigger. Two years after the c-sce. I had to have a surgery to fix the scar. It had turned into a "Keloid" and was very painful. It itched all the time and always felt like it was stretched. Since the repair, I have had much better luck with the scar tissue. I hope yours heals better than mine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register