for those that have had their surgery, how long was it? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

for those that have had their surgery, how long was it? for those that have had their surgery, how long was it?

Unread 01-08-2009, 06:00 PM
for those that have had their surgery, how long was it?

My LSH was about 1 1/2 hours. I was in recovery 45 min to an hour. Doing great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2009, 06:06 PM

I was in surgery one hour, 10min. They actually expected it to be 2-3hrs. since the dr. thought my pain was coming from adhesions. But when he opened me up, I had NO adhesions! My uterus was normal sized and not adhered to anything. He removed the uterus, left ovary, which had a large cyst, and left tube. So it was quicker than he thought.

CC
Unread 01-08-2009, 06:09 PM

Mine was almost 2 hours--I also had a urologist do the bladder surgery after the GYN was done. I was in the recovery room for 2 1/2 hours. They didn't bring me back to the room until they were sure my pain was being controlled with the pain pump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2009, 06:18 PM

Thanks guys, for sharing all of this with me!

Michele
Unread 01-08-2009, 06:36 PM

Hi Michele,
My dr said mine would be about an hour if he didn't find cancer and it was just over an hour because he had to hunt for my left ovary and I had a slight bleeder. He got it and watched me for alittle bit. My dh didn't know and was wondering why he hadn't heard from the dr. That made my dh think that they found cancer, but thankfully they didn't . If they had it would have been 2 1/5 hrs because dr said that they would go to an abdominal and take some more stuff and stage me before they got done. So the first thing I said when I woke up in the recovery was, "It's done, did you have to cut?" They said no and I said "Then no cancer, yea"
Unread 01-08-2009, 08:34 PM

My surgery was 2 1/2 hours due to the size of my uterus. I went in at 8:00 and was up in my room by 12:30. Our hospital gave my DH a pager that vibrated when the doctor was ready to see him, which was great as he was able to grab some breakfast in the cafeteria during the surgery in stead of sitting in the waiting room worrying.

Good luck.
Unread 01-08-2009, 09:33 PM

I had a TAH with RSO done on Dec. 30. The surgery took 2 hours and recovery another 2 hours. Good luck!
Unread 01-08-2009, 09:54 PM

My Doctor also said about an hour but ended up 2-1/2 hours with another 2 hours in recovery. But all was well, same story as others, bigger uterus and fibroids. Which really makes sense because until they open you up and get a good look at what is going on they really don't know what to expect. 15 days now and doing great.

Pitana
TAH BSO
Unread 01-08-2009, 11:33 PM

When I had my LAVH in June I was in surgery 4 hrs but I had adhesions that required them to take their time and things like that. The dr had estimated about 2-3 hrs so he wasn't too far off. DH talked to the dr about once an hour. love Beth
Unread 01-09-2009, 08:44 AM

Thanks so much for sharing your stories too, guys; this helps me a lot.

Just five days to go!

Michele

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register