TAH+ Easier Than I Feared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH+ Easier Than I Feared TAH+ Easier Than I Feared

Unread 11-02-2015, 11:53 AM
TAH+ Easier Than I Feared

Sorry for the late post. I had my hysterectomy on Oct. 14 and had everything removed including the cervix, omentum and appendix as I have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I had asked for the doctor to give me large local pain injections before they woke me up and he did. Therefore I woke up with minimal pain. I also had on a abdominal binder which helped tremendously when I had to get up the next day. They removed the catheter the next day and I was still on the morphine pump that day. They tried to give the pain meds with codeine even though I said it would make me sick. It did and I had a wonderful night dry heaving with an achy belly. They gave me Zofran and the patch and I began feeling better. By the third day, I wanted something to eat and they would not give me anything so I was bummed. This is probably because they took about 2 inches of my colon where my appendix was stuck to it. They were giving me two Tramadol for the pain and it worked pretty well. I left for home around noon of the fifth day. I had been walking a bit and by the time I left, I felt pretty good. After three days at home I backed down to one pill at a time and the next few days to none. I started with the hot flashes in the hospital since I could not take my HRT. I read about a "new" drug which is really a tiny dose of Paxil that has been helpful for many women. My doctor prescribed 10Mg of Paxil since it is a lot cheaper. It has been working for me so far. You have to take it at bedtime. By two weeks out, I was doing most everything I had been doing before. I waited until then to start driving so I wouldn't mess anything up. I have worn the binder that I got on this site every day and night and it has been my saving grace. Even now I will wear it if I know I am going to be on my feet a lot. I never did wear those cold packs that came with it. It turned out to be a lot easier than I thought, but I did have excellent care at the hospital and with my doctor. I don't know why, but I never had any pain with my stomach muscles and hardly had any trouble getting up and down. I bought one of those raised toilet seats and never used it. All the prayer I have received has caused a miracle. They got all the cancer and it has not spread to my lymph nodes. I had four chemo treatments before and will have four more starting soon. God has blessed me and I hope He blesses you too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Re: TAH+ Easier Than I Feared

Good news! Thanks for sharing. :-) I had a TAH myself for endometrial cancer and had a pretty easy time afterwards as well.
Unread 11-02-2015, 04:26 PM

You sure had a bit to deal with the first few days, but girl sounds like you have shown them! So proud to hear you are getting through this like a champ! Great news on the surgery = keeping you in prayers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2015, 05:02 PM

Wow, I am so happy for you about the cancer news! I will pray for your continued speedy recovery and praise God along with you that they got all the cancer!

Nancy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register