Scheduled TAH Last minute flip out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Last minute flip out Last minute flip out

Unread 08-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Last minute flip out

Hello Ladies : more of a vent then any thing else.I am now 3 days and counting surgery is Friday 28th at 9am.I have been great till now looking forward to all this being over-been dealing with heavy painful periods for longer then i can remember. However took a turn for the worse 5 years ago right after tubal.It has taken me 5 years to finally get to this point of dr willing to perform surgery due to age only 35. We have now ruled out everything so by default the diganose is adenyomoysis.To make a long story short I know to late lol.It has really sunk in now and the nerves have hit overdrive I know this surgery is what is best and can't wait to be on the other side but i seemed to have shut logic out for a while.Hubby is being great but just doesn't get it the littlest things are setting me off one min I'm angry then turn into a sobbing pile of goo lol .Basically I guess i'm just looking for a reality check that this is normal and there is light at the end of the tunnel. thanks for listening Ladies good luck and love to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2009, 12:20 AM
Re: Last minute flip out

Hang in there. Waiting is really, really hard. Are you worried about anything specific or just everything? Talking about what is upsetting you sometimes help, if it does try posting your worries. I'm sure you'll find many ladies share the same thoughts. Hang in there one day to go right?
Unread 08-26-2009, 01:09 AM

Shopperchic...I'm SOOOO there with you. My surgery is Thursday for adenomyosis too. I'm so excited for relief, but this past week has been a rollercoaster ride of emotions. Sending you hugs sweetie. I'm now 1.5 days from surgery and am getting more excited than scared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2009, 06:44 AM

Hi Shopperchic, what you're going through is completely normal. I think everyone goes through a period where we're just in shock that this is something we have to go through, and then closer to the surgery it hits that it's real and panic sets in. I had moments where I thought, "I'm feeling better, maybe I shouldn't do this" and from what I've read on the boards, this is quite normal as well. Believe me when I say, as others have, that the worst part is leading up to the surgery. I woke up in the recovery room with a smile on my face and huge relief that the worst was behind me.
Unread 08-26-2009, 07:04 AM

I am feeling the same way! Mine is for Tues 9/1 for the same diag. I am a mess, lol its all I can think about. I told my boss sorry but I am mentally NOT here this week either! I have been flipping out on my dh over nothing! Im not sure if its even that Im scared about the surgery or that I just cant wait to not be in sooo much pain anymore.
Unread 08-26-2009, 07:20 AM

Worrying and being agitated is totally normal. I had my surgery on Monday and I felt somewhat cranky and irritated on Sunday.

I can tell you that, for me, the moment I woke up from surgery I could feel the difference and was completely reassured that I had done the right thing!!!

The one thing I would say is try not to overdo it while you are on the pain pump. I was up buzzing around right away with that thing and, when they took me off of it, my body told me loud and clear that I had done too much.

Good luxk with your surgery!!!
Unread 08-26-2009, 07:33 AM

I had a big time flip out b4 my hysterectomy but im telling you for me the worst part was the waiting Im 10 weeks post op and relize that it was worth it and a bit of a long road but so worth it best of luck keep us posted see ya on the other side tc:starhugs:
Unread 08-26-2009, 08:32 AM

I think it's completely normal to feel so edgy prior to the surgery. It's scary as heck and it seems like no one understands. I didn't want to talk about it a lot but it felt like it was the only thing I could think about. If DH or others talked about common, everyday issues, I wanted to scream "don't you understand that I'm getting ready to have MAJOR surgery????" but then if he or others wanted to talk about the surgery, I'd think "I really don't want to think about this right now" - LOL. It's crazy and any of us who've been thru it completely understand. It will all be behind you soon though and you'll be telling others that the waiting was the hardest part.
Unread 08-26-2009, 08:40 AM

Try to be easy on yourself emotionally. It is a huge change in your life, physically and emotionally. Simply reminding yourself that your roller coaster is normal can help relieve stress and guilt.

Heather
Unread 08-26-2009, 09:45 PM

I had the same issue. I wanted so badly to relax and let the date sneak up on me unnoticed but if you have a job, family, or any responsibilities, the planning involved makes it tough to do that.
My surgery was very late in the day so I lots of time to stew (and starve) so I made sure I stayed busy. That helped a ton. So...get everything ready, then focus on anything else you can.
Congratulations on making such a great choice for yourself!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register