Staples out and Pathology back... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Staples out and Pathology back... Staples out and Pathology back...

Unread 02-17-2005, 10:42 AM
Staples out and Pathology back...

Hey!!! I got my staples out today!!! WOOHOO All 12 of them...

My regular gyn is out, so I went to see his associate.. I've seen her before, she's a cool little old chick!!! So she tells me that my path came back normal... no cancer, no endo, no anything!!! What I don't get is, if there wasn't anything there, why was I in so much pain? The pain that I was in for the last 4 months is gone... I don't know if this will sound like bragging or what, but I'm in less pain now than I was pre-op... I'd much rather live with this pain forever than the pre-op pain... Could they have missed something? Also.. and I have to get a copy of the pathology report to be sure, there wasn't any mention of extensive scarring... I had an ablation 5 years ago. Wouldn't that cause a lot of scarring?

I'm not really that upset, more perplexed... Whatever it was, it doesn't hurt anymore!!!

Is there anyone else out there that's gotten these kind of results back?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2005, 10:55 AM

It's great that everything went so well for you!! I had a lot more staples, but the pathology report came back almost clean. It did make me wonder if I really needed the hysterectomy, though. When I heard the word cancer I couldn't get the uterus out of me fast enough and the doctors strongly recommended a TAH.

I go back and forth between feeling lucky for it to have been caught so early to wondering if I should have check out other options. I had problems with heavy bleeding and clotting and was anemic.

It's too late now and I feel good. At least I don't have to worry about having to leave work because I've become soaked with blood all over the place anymore! That happened so many times no matter how many tampons and pads I had on!

Good luck to you and God bless.
Unread 02-17-2005, 02:14 PM

I had the bleeding through problem too, though my periods were of normal length (after the initial 13-14 month period and the ablation in 2000). I'd wear a super plus tampon and 2 pads... then be in the bathroom for a change every 1/2 hour... the clots didn't help that... they covered the tampon, making it ineffective.. ewwwwwww! Anyways... no more of that!

I guess the point is that I'm perplexed... I KNOW that there was a problem in there... I was living with the pain every day! I guess when my gyn comes back, I'll have to sit down and talk with him. I'll also be getting a copy of the pathology report... trying to see what they saw... or rather didn't see. I'd hoped that the path report would return with some answers as to why. So far all I've gotten from it are more questions. I hope that I can find some answers soon, if not I'll keep searching until I find an answer.

I have to say... I don't feel like I've been cheated by not having something recognizable going on. I'm glad that it's not something for me to have to worry about and I truly feel for those of you who are in that position. I'll always be here for all of you to talk to, to cry with you and send you loving thoughts!!! This is in no way going to make me just fade off into the sunset... I've found some of the most intelligent, caring, strong women I've ever met on this board and as long as I have access and it exists I'll be here!

I'm sorry for this rant... I'm just so frustrated. I don't like not having answers. I guess that's what's wrong... not having the answers. So I guess what I do now is research and write down my questions in preparation for seeing my doctor.

Stay Strong and Heal Well!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2005, 05:09 AM
only fibroids in my pathology

Hi Moonstone,
My path report just detailed the size of the uterus and the many fibroids. I had no scar tissue, no adhesions-which my Dr. said was remarkable given the fact I had two previous surgeries.She felt that was the #1 reason my surgery went so smoothly as has my recovery as well. Maybe you are just one lucky duck? Anyway, be glad, and heal well! acpd
Unread 02-18-2005, 06:01 AM

One of my biggest worries pre-op was that my pathology would come out clean. It didn't, but that really is irrelevant. Like you, I had an ablation and was in pain with bleeding, which although lighter than pre-ablation, was very prolonged.

Following my ablation, I started to read about other women in tremendous pain following the procedure. Nothing ever told to me pre-op. There was a theory that after the ablation the blood backed up into the fallopean tubes and into the abdomen causing tremendous pain. I wish some research would be done in this area. I even mentioned it to the wife of an ob/gyn that I know.

You're not alone. The ablation procedure seems to be a success for some. I wonder though how many other women are like you and I.

Just my thoughts.
Unread 02-19-2005, 04:47 PM

Hi! I am so glad everything went okay for you and you are out of pain! I have been feeling down today with just everything and feel a lot better now coming here and reading some posts. Tuesday is looming! I am kinda nervous but ready. Let us know what your reg OB/GYN says about your path report!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register