Scheduled TLH Full of Procrastination Today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Full of Procrastination Today Full of Procrastination Today

Unread 04-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Full of Procrastination Today

Time is really flying today and I seem to be procrastinating on everything today. Cat's out of food, need to go to bank and get him some food. That was an hour ago and I still haven't managed to get dressed. Haven't had breakfast, I keep saying I'm going to go eat and get distracted and never do it. I started folding a load of laundry, stopped to put on some music, and well here I am instead. Oh and I haven't fed the rabbit yet either, at least she has food lol

I just don't feel like getting dressed and dragging kids to bank and store. I think I'll see if I have any tuna in the cupboard and feed him that for now. I'll do my running when my mom's here. OK, have music playing, now to get up and do something. I've got energy, just can't seem to focus enough to do anything. I'll blame it on the butterflies in my tummy today.

So much to do still and time is quickly running out. Oh, boy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Re: Full of Procrastination Today

I was the same way before my surgery. I'm a master procrastinator. I really regret it now two weeks post op. I left everything to the last minute and ended up spending the entire day before my surgery in the ER with my husband.He ended up admitted to the ICU and I ended up trying to get my house cleaned up and get laundry finished at midnight. I had to get up at 5am for my surgery. Try to get as much done now as you can. You'll be happy you did.
Unread 04-05-2013, 08:50 AM

I was the same. I waited until the day before to do everything. I was exhausted. I know it's hard by try and do little things everyday to get ready. I wish I had done that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2013, 09:01 AM

Well I accomplished most of the laundry...but I have been procrastinating on everything else!! My room is a mess and nothing is organized!! Surgery in 13 days, but being a Mom that's almost like saying 3 days...lol! But atleast I'm not alone in my procrastination but I will take the nudging and get to work so I'll be well rested and prepared to heal at home afterwards....

SusaninFl, I hope your husband is doing well, seems like y'all had to recover together....
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:09 AM

I'm doing the same thing. It's like I would rather sit here and think of everything that needs to be done, and worry about it, instead of actually just doing it. We have all weekend, plus Monday
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:10 AM

Pooh_bear, he's doing well. He had an absess on his throat, couldn't breathe and if we had waited another day he could have died. Thankfully, my daughter drove 5 hours down here right away and has been here ever since helping us. She is truly a blessing.
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:13 AM

I'm glad to 'hear' that....and it was great for your daughter to come down and help y'all out, I just hope y'all not running her a little ragged (lol)
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:26 AM

I've been getting so much done up until today. I'm cleaning the same rooms every single day. Between the little ones and DH I just can't seem to move on past the living room, bathroom and kitchen. And I swear I am washing the same exact clothes over and over. I've been doing at least 1 load a day and I swear either we have duplicates of some things or they keep getting put back in the dirty baskets because I know that 5 of the items I put in the washer just now I just cleaned 2 days ago. And they weren't reworn.

I'm trying to work on my room again. I got half of it clean, clean. Not just picked up and last night I stood at the doorway and just felt overwhelmed. My nice clean dresser has stuff put all on top of it. The clothes that I washed and folded and put on DH side of the bed for him to put away are in a neat pile on the floor at the foot of the bed. I look over at my bedside table and the kids have empty gogurt tubes all over it along with at least 10 empty of my bottles of water I was keeping there for after surgery. Oh and the popcorn I had clean out of my bed that they had. My overnight bag someone got into and left open and the cat decided that it was a great place to sleep so I've got cat hair on stuff. I just walked upstairs to put kids' clean clothes away and I can't even get to their dresser. It seems that they wanted something that was at the bottom of the toy box and emptied it all on the floor to get to it and then 'cause there wasn't any room to play decided to just come back downstairs and jumped on the couch where I was stacking the different piles of clothes as I was folding and they went everywhere.

Normally DH helps with all cleaning around the house, he's really good at helping me. And the kids are usually not this bad, they make messes, sure, but they usually don't leave this much destruction in their wake.

O my gosh, this turned into a self pity party. Sorry. I'm going to go into another room, have a little bit of a cry and then think of positive things that I've gotten accomplished and make a pledge that I will get done what I get done and on Sunday it will be Pamper the Princess day. I am not going to lift a finger. DH doesn't work Sunday's, he hasn't been helping so he can do whatever is left on Sunday and the kids can help. I'm going to sit back, relax, watch my race and inbetween, just spend time with the family, play board games etc. Pity party over. And time to get back to work.
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:30 AM

susaninfl45, glad to hear he's doing better. Glad you've had help taking care of him so you could focus on healing yourself. That is a bad situation to be in for both of you to be down at the same time.
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:33 AM

We are allowed to have pity parties!! I've had enough of them myself. I live alone and worried about recuperating all alone. It hasn't been all that bad really. I've gotten lots of rest. But I am so glad I cleaned my bedroom top to bottom before surgery. You will feel better being in nice, clean surroundings while you recuperate. Be thankful you have a hubby who helps around there. But I hear ya when you say you need a little cry. It's overwhelming all the things you want to get done before surgery.

And just make sure when you get home from surgery that you rest and let everyone look after YOU!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register