Pain where ovary used to be, 11 days post-op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain where ovary used to be, 11 days post-op? Pain where ovary used to be, 11 days post-op?

Unread 09-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Pain where ovary used to be, 11 days post-op?

I had a total hysterectomy 11 days ago to remove a 3-lb fibroid. Vertical incision. Hospitalized for three nights. I have been making a surprisingly swift recovery, have felt great with almost no pain. I went to work yesterday for nearly a full day. My job consists of sitting at a desk, sitting in meetings, and a little bit of walking in the hallway (to and from restroom, for instance) Anyway, today I definitely didn't feel well enough to go to work! My left side, where the ovary used to be, is hurting. I took two Alleve but no big difference. Is this normal? Advice, please. (I have darvocet but it's not that horrible kind of pain...). Advice? thank you sisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2008, 02:36 PM

Well, you didn't have surgery too long ago and you could have some healing pains in there. I cannot believe you are back to work so soon! Perhaps you over did it with the walking and the up and down a desk job sometimes requires. I hope you are not lifting anything either...I know after I got back even after 6 weeks of healing from my abdominal hyst that I had a hard time lifting any client files. All that paperwork does add up!!

I cannot tell by your signature what they all did inside but they do pull layers upon layers apart to get to your parts inside and again you could be healing and the muscles may be starting to respond to that healing.

Take it easy tonight and get some rest! If you continue to be in pain call your doctor and don't feel bad about taking some of that pain medicine if you really need it!
Unread 09-09-2008, 05:13 PM

I had a pain that I thought was due to my missing ovary, but the doctor said some of the aches and pains are due to the retractors they use during surgery. I got the feeling I shouldn't make any assumptions about what happened where.

Can't believe you are working!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register