Is it like a c sec? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it like a c sec? Is it like a c sec?

Unread 03-19-2004, 11:05 AM
Is it like a c sec?

I keep hearing that this surgery is like a c section and I was wondering if any of you have had both types of surgery before. i have lots of friends who had c sec and they were fine a couple weeks later. What do you think?

Marly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2004, 11:08 AM
Is it like a c sec?

I asked my dr if it was like a c-section since i've had one already and he said no. The reason I was asking him is because I thought I could just take a week or two off and go back to school. He said it's more complicated because it's actually taking one of your organs out. He said that it would be more like a 6 week recovery.
Unread 03-19-2004, 11:18 AM
Is it like a c sec?

My Dr. said the only likeness is the incision. He will go through my exsisting C-Section scar.

I was told basically (by the nurses) that when you have a child the placenta "Naturally" detaches and a hyster you are removing organs, detaching and reattaching, and their are lots of ligaments involved.

The recovery is longer.

Take Care!

Stacy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2004, 11:47 AM
Is it like a c sec

I am 5 1/2 weeks post op and I have had a c sec. No, it is not the same at all. I thought I would recover just like I did from my c section but it was not the same ,then if you have complications
(like myself) its even worse. Don't get me wrong, not everyone has complications. Just take as much time as you can to recover, and don't try to overdue it when you get home. That makes it worse. Hang in there!

Tracy
Unread 03-19-2004, 12:12 PM
Is it like a c sec?

Hi sisters

I have C section 8 1/2 years ago and NO a TAH is definitely not like a c section, because of the organs involved and being removed, and things being shifted around inside. I thought I would be able to cope like I did after my C section baby to care and the like, but no way a hysterectomy is totally different ball game, and you need time to recover and heal, I couldn't imagine caring for anyone apart from me after this op, let alone a new born baby like you HAVE TO when you have a C section. The incision is the same but that's all. Have some you time after this one.

Take care

Linnij
Unread 03-19-2004, 06:24 PM
Is it like a c sec?

Thanks for asking that ? . And an even Bigger thanks for the ones who have responded. I had a c-section 5yrs ago,and everyone has been saying that i already know whats in store for me.
Unread 03-19-2004, 07:15 PM
is it like a c section??

Hi---- Do a search here on the message boards. This has been discussed many times before. Everyone is different . My TAH was relatively easy to recover from........I rested and followed my doctors orders to the letter. I had help and was in no rush to get back to work or household chores. I had 2 c sections one 6 years ago one 11 years ago and I think my TAH was comparable.

I think having a c section makes you more aware of how to hold yourself, how to get in and out of bed, how to hold the pillow over the incision when you cough sneeze laugh etc, when you do have your hysterectomy you will be an old pro. Also remember to walk as soon as you can and as much as you can in the hospital this will also help with your recovery.

----------Good Luck ---------kangaa
Unread 03-19-2004, 07:50 PM
Is it like a c sec?

I have had two c sections and an abdominal hysterectomy .

I have found that with me , I bounced back from the c sections ... but even at 7 weeks now Post Hysterectomy .. Im not completely myself. I had issues with piles from the clear your bowels and start your bowels meds , GERD aggravated by the post OP throwing up , probably the clomid clearing outof my system too , and Im simply tiring easily .

But overall Im happy I had the surgery . Sad as I may be not to have another baby , Im really looking forward to a life with less or no pain. I dont have to plan my life about my period where I could not step out on certain days without two pads and a tampon .

Someone put it to me simply its a major OP and its removing some stuff and cutting of adhesions . IM still having issues coping with heat post op and its terrible when you live in hot humid and tropical SG ,

mei

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register