Is it hormones or should I choke him? lol | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it hormones or should I choke him? lol Is it hormones or should I choke him? lol

Unread 12-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Is it hormones or should I choke him? lol

Ok Im seven days now post op. Im still so sore and still on pain meds randomly around the cllock. I have 3 kids...my baby will be one tomorrow and not picking her up is awful because she doesnt understand. My husband whom we have never had a real argument in all of our years....im ready to just literally choke him. Im hot...Im cold. Is it just me, hormones or what? I know they left my ovaries and I thought that would help with the hormone flashes people warn about. Im really confused about how I feel. I feel really sad and temperamental.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Re: Is it hormones or should I choke him? lol

Completely and totally normal I too loved my hubby one second and the totally hated his guts the next, mean yes I know but I really couldnt help it. It will pass. Give your ovaries some time to wake up and start doing their job again, in the mean time just try to ignore his maleness and go with the flow yeah I know easier said then done. But maybe instead of choking him give him a kiss on the cheek and inform him that you are going to go take a nap and that he needs to keep the kids quiet Or ask him in your nicest way if he would maybe take the kids to the store with him and get you some icecream or maybe some yogurt or fruit so that you can nap while hes gone and the house is quiet. Just be sure to reward him for his niceness with a snuggle and a kiss. I know it was hard for my hubby cause he and I are both very sexual people and well of course I couldnt do to healing, but there are other ways that you can be intimate with him and speaking from experience it pays off to keep him happy. Happy hubby means Happy wifey. Make sure you share some facts that you have learned from here about the healing process (check out the checkpoints section) that way he is informed as well. Just remember you will look back on this part of your life one day and laugh (at least I hope I do). It doesnt last forever it only feels like it will
Unread 12-29-2009, 08:17 AM

Hi I had that problem too, the hot and cold, it faded after about a week,, doctor said that the ovaries just go into a sad mode because they have to dut the blood supply from them to the uterus, hang in there it does go away, good luck!
Neicey48
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2009, 09:25 AM

It is just part of surgery. I still have trouble with the hot flashes and I am 1 day past 6 weeks and I still have my ovaries. Just take your time. I have been grieving the loss of my uterus the last week or so. I hope it gets better.
Unread 12-29-2009, 01:50 PM

I'm two weeks post-op and glad to know I'm not the only one feeling this way. I, Also kept my ovaries. I do have good support from spouse and girls. Still it's very hard to deal with at times. Thank the good Lord for this website and all my sisters out there and their willingness to share.
Unread 12-30-2009, 12:23 PM

you made me laugh although i know its not funny!! i feel like i mostly hate everyone at the moment! and thats not like me although on xmas day my sister was messing around and said that we ought to have a singing competition who could sing like susan boyle! and then she said if it was a look like comp i would win!!!! i felt really sad when normally i would laugh! guess its the hormones or lack of them.cheer up soon
Unread 12-30-2009, 10:15 PM

You know what gets me is you guys know about oavaries being asleep and all....I didnt get any discussion about this from my doctor. I honestly only know I kept my ovaries..I have no idea what he took out. All these terms Davinci and TV...and all this...all i know is i had a hysterectomy. No information. I feel so misled right now. I think I should have been more informed.
Unread 12-30-2009, 11:52 PM

I hear you with your little one. My 2 yr old was the biggest problem for me in the early post op days. I had the hot/cold problem as well, but I was mostly cold. My husband bought me a electric blanket four days post op because I was FREEZING cold and wanted the house at 80' to try to keep warm. It was the best gift ever from him...and my little ones like to spend time with me under it now too. I have my ovaries too, I don't think I am any different...but it's only been 12wks now, and i had to have 2 VVF's repaired last week so that has been trying as well.

Good luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register