Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017 | Hysterectomy Recovery Reports | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017

Unread 08-14-2017, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017

If your hysterectomy was between Aug 14-Aug 20,2017 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2017, 10:30 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017

Dear Sisters, welcome to this recovery thread!

This is your place to find sisters you may have met already online during your Pre Op Chat or simply bond with new ones along your journey. I am hoping that this thread will help you in the days and weeks and months to come, as we are all sisters who are in the same boat. Please share your stories and your thoughts and questions with one another here. Help another sister by responding to her question.

Together, we will heal as one wonderful sister group.

I will be here to help you with my thoughts and support during this time of healing. Since my own surgeries were only a scant 4 months ago, I remember well what my recovery was like and I will share my experiences here with you all. As resource tools, I will also post articles that the website has to offer as it is a vast wealth of information.
Please remember that there is no such thing as a silly question. And please know it's ok just to post and to say that you need support.
I and many other sisters are here for you and want to be with you during this time of recovery.

For now, please remember the following:

drink lots of water.

get lots of rest

Take your pains meds as directed. You need them!

Call your doctor when any new symptom arises or whenever you might have a question for peace of mind.

Walk just a little bit (from your resting place to the bathroom or to the kitchen and back again).

I will check in with you all again soon!
Unread 08-15-2017, 02:53 AM
12 hours post-op

My doctor couldn't do all she needed to laparoscopically concerning removal of my uterus, cervix, tubes and a large fibrous so I woke up with a cecarean belly incision.

I understand the decision and was made aware in pre-op visit that it might be this way but I'm bummed that I'm in the hospital two extra nights and the recovery time overall is extended.

I got sick on the anesthesia a little which was so scary as I didn't want to pop a stitch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2017, 05:03 AM

Hello there hystersisters!
Let me start by saying my hyster journey began December 2016 I had the ablation procedure completed. Results were great however biopsy was not. With a family history of cancers I wasn't taking my chances with the abnormal cells found. Which leads me to yesterday August 14th. My doctor used the da vinci robotic assisted surgery to complete a total hysterectomy. Thankfully was able to keep my ovaries. So far post op I was able to be released from the hospital last evening with minimal pain. As the night went on the Motrin 600 wasn't helping so I added half a Percocet. I don't tolerate pain meds well so trying to use heat pads and ice pads and other more natural ways to deal with pain. After a semi decent sleep and pain meds worn off I woke this morning feeling very stiff and sore. I know it's going to be a long couple days but I'm so ready to be feeling back to normal I look forward to following along with this next adventure and wishing you all a speedy recovery.
Unread 08-15-2017, 08:48 AM

, sweet sisters and welcome, agbrya01 and sshana!

I am glad you found us and are sharing your stories.

Agbrya01- I can only imagine how disappointed you are that your surgery did not go as planned. An abdominal cut is hard, I know from experience as I had my TAH this spring with a very large incision. The good news is that your doctor now got everything out and you can start your healing process. I hope that the hospital staff will take very good care of you during your extended stay. Let us know how you are doing!

Sshana- I am impressed to hear that you are already home! You say you don't tolerate pain meds well, do they make you "loopy" or constipated? Could you get your doctor's recommendation on how to dose the motrin and /or Tylenol perhaps? I just don't want you to be too sore as this will interfere with your healing and ability to move about.

Be very gentle to yourself, sweet sisters, as the road to recovery has just begun.
I always say its a journey, not a race!

Drink your water, walk a bit if you can, and rest, rest, rest! I will check in on you later today.

Unread 08-15-2017, 09:13 AM

Thank you @Mamihen In the past the pain meds have made me nauseous and very intoxicated feeling. I'm not a big person and I rarely take any meds. I've had 2 natural deliveries, an umbilical hernia repair and ACL repair in the past and have only ever taken Motrin 600 and extra strength Tylenol for pain. But this procedure was definitely worse than those I'm taking the half of Percocet and it really does feel better to be up moving but I know I need to rest too and definitely don't want to over do it either.
Unread 08-15-2017, 04:19 PM

Good evening, sisters!

I am checking in with you to see how your are doing this evening.

Have you had enough water? You need water to flush out the anesthesia out of your bodies,, help recovery along and also to keep "things moving".

Have you been able to go to the bathroom or even left your hospital or bedroom?
Even a short walk to the bathroom and back to bed or your resting place will do you good.

These early days after surgery are hard. I remember only too well.

This is not a time to be a hero: Rely on your team of nurses (if still in the hospital) or on your team of family and friends (if already home).

This is your time to heal.

I'm with you in spirit and send healing hugs your way tonight!
Unread 08-15-2017, 10:13 PM

I had a da Vinci robotic hysterectomy yesterday. I had everthingI was able to come home early evening . I even had to ride an hour home. I was able to eat soup and noodles for dinner. I slept well and did not feel as foggy as I had the day before. My dh had me walk several times last night and more times today . It helped with back pain. As the day went on the more sore I got . I am very bruised on one of my incisions . I am not in as much pain as I thought. I am taking 1 Vicodin every 6 hrs and 3 ibuprofen. Thinking about cutting Vicodin in half tomorrow.

The reason I had a hysterectomy is I was diagnosed with early stage of entremetrial cancer. Once they were in there they found a different type of cancer cell along with it. Waiting for pathology report. Looks like I will have chemo and radiation but it suppose to be curable .
I am lucky to have family and friends support.
Unread 08-15-2017, 10:38 PM

My surgery was the 14th, removing everything except my ovaries. Method of operation was a lavh. When I came out of recovery I was told the doctor cut into my bladder. I'm really upset I'm 36 and now have to wear a Catheter so yea I'm bummed out and still in pain. My right leg is also very numb can't put weight down on it.
Unread 08-16-2017, 02:51 AM

Is everyone's back sore?? Im in the hospital still after tvh and my lower back is killing me?!?!
Anyone's else?

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register