Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 24, 2017 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 24, 2017 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 24, 2017

Unread 09-24-2017, 01:01 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 24, 2017

Welcome!

This special Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread is for YOU if you are having surgery this week. This thread chat will help you meet others who are having surgery the same week as you, calm your anxiousness, and help answer your last minute questions.

To get started, please introduce yourself, sharing a few things about yourself and your upcoming hysterectomy. Tell us what concerns you have as you prepare for your surgery.

Have patience! Because this is a "COME AND GO" event, check back here during the day for replies with answers, support and hugs from new friends. Our post-op members will be stopping by, too!

As you get to know the other members having surgery this week - you will be meeting up again, after your hysterectomy, in a special thread created just for this week's surgeries in the Post Op Hysterectomy forum.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2017, 03:38 AM

Hi Princesses!

I’m here for the 2nd time as my last appointment for surgery was cancelled. In a way I’m less nervous this time as I know a bit more about the endless hours in the waiting room. However I didn’t get to the other side of that door and have never yet seen an operating theatre. Also I’m very anxious in case it get cancelled again. I’m finding it quite tiring mentally just to process all the pre-op stuff.

I have a lovely family and a great group of supportive friends who are organising a food rota so I’m free to be out of the loop as much as I need!

I’m also ready with some large knickers and a pair of baggy trousers. Good luck to all!
Unread 09-24-2017, 05:39 AM

My name is Jen and on Wednesday I am having a total laparoscopic hysterectomy using the DaVinci, I'm also having rectocele, colpopexy and posdible cystocele repairs.... the works. I am most anxious about being able to go to the bathroom after the surgery mostly being able to go pee without any problems and/or possible UTI. Physical pain I'm okay with but UTIs I just don't do well with. I successfully did a urodynamic evaluation and had no problems with a catheter being moved in and out so I hopeful my body will respond just as favorably.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2017, 06:39 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 24, 2017

Morning!

I'm having a LAVH on Thursday. I'm an equal mix of confident and scared. I've had other surgeries before, so I kind of know what to expect. I have a weird kidney system, so I will be having a UroGyno join my regular Gyno for the procedure. She said it should take around 4 hours.

I guess the thing I'm most worried about is how long the procedure takes and I'm hoping they don't have to end up going through the abdomen. I'm healthy and fit, so hoping to bounce back before six weeks. We shall see!
Unread 09-24-2017, 07:30 AM

Good morning My name is priscilla
I have a laproscopic hysterectomy scheduled for tomorrow. removing cervix, uterus, and tubes, keeping ovaries.
i am anxious yet confident. i have terrible fibroids that despite other procedures kept coming back. My husband and daughter have been great and supportive, i am just trying to find creative ways to rest after surgery. I am so used to being on the go so resting is going to be new for me!i am most anxious about going to the bathroom and i hate catheters so i hope i dont have to go home with one. I never thought i would worry about peeing as much as i am now! I pray for everyone on their surgeries and speedy recovery!
Unread 09-24-2017, 07:37 AM

Hi ladies, my name is Sara. I have three beautiful children and a very loving,supportive fiancé, and several wonderful friends. I have my TAH with both my ovaries being removed as well, coming up this Wednesday the 27th, and I am frightened about my recovery time which my doctor told me would be 8 weeks.
Is there anything I can do to speed up this recovery process? Advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sara
Unread 09-24-2017, 07:40 AM

Hi everyone, my name is Lore. I've had urinary issues for years and kind of just learned to deal with it. 2 weeks ago while sitting on the toilet, I noticed a very large bulge of tissue while wiping after peeing. My regular gyno sent me to a urogyno. After all his tests on 9/21 he said I have a grade 3 uterine prolapse. I will be having a total hysterectomy tomorrow 9/25. My Dr is pretty confident he can do the whole surgery as a TVH but because my uterus is pretty enlarged and have had 3 prior csections and 3 other abdominal surgeries, he may have to convert to a LATVH or even abdominally. Then he will repair whatever else needs done, but because of the prolapse it's hard for him to determine what is actually an issue and what is just because of the pressure from the prolapse. Spending today finishing laundry and getting as much housework done as I can.
Unread 09-24-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarabeth84 View Post
Hi ladies, my name is Sara. I have three beautiful children and a very loving,supportive fiancé, and several wonderful friends. I have my TAH with both my ovaries being removed as well, coming up this Wednesday the 27th, and I am frightened about my recovery time which my doctor told me would be 8 weeks.
Is there anything I can do to speed up this recovery process? Advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sara

From my experience with prior abdominal surgeries, I found that the quicker I got up and moved around the better I felt. Is it going to hurt? Of course. Keep up with the pain. My biggest mistake was waiting too long to ask for pain meds. Try to walk as straight as you can and drink plenty of fliuds. And rest. Just remember that everyone recovers differently. Good luck! Oh, a small pillow with gentle pressure over you incision for coughing, sneezing, laughing etc will help too.
Unread 09-24-2017, 07:53 AM

Hi! My name is Renee. I am 44 and am having hysterectomy surgery this Wednesday. Dr is removing uterus, fallopian tubes, and cervix. Keeping ovaries. I have multiple large uterine fibroids that cause pain, heavy bleeding, and frequent periods. My main concerns are how I will feel when I wake up from surgery because anesthesia usually makes me very sick, and I also have fibromyalgia, a vestibular disorder, and other chronic health issues that I am concerned will be compounded with surgery and recovery.
Unread 09-24-2017, 08:13 AM

Hi all! My name is Lil, 56, postmenopausal and finally having a total hysterectomy using da Vinci tech on Friday 9/29 after a year of steadily worsening cervical dysplasia. Since it's now graded severe, on to surgery.

My biggest concern is recovery, specifically how long till I will be able to work a few hours a day (from home, on the couch!) on grant writing. I direct a small nonprofit agency and I'm our only grantwriter with lots of upcoming deadlines. Any thoughts on this, ladies???

My wonderful surgeon is 90% sure that we can do the da Vinci, but if not, it means abdominal. I've had 2 C-sections, so not sure why I'm feeling nervy, but I am.

Thanks for any advice!!
Closed Thread

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register