TAH Yellowish something when I urinate like a piece of gum | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yellowish something when I urinate like a piece of gum Yellowish something when I urinate like a piece of gum

Unread 11-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Yellowish something when I urinate like a piece of gum

When I urinated 2 different times today I had something come out. The first time it looked like white tissue or toilet paper the size of a piece of gum (Trident size smaller piece). It burned and I couldn't pee for a second then it came out and I could. I didn't hurt but it just felt weird and hot like. I called and left a message for my Urologist this morning's receptionist to have someone call but no call back. The 2nd time I didn't feel it just saw it in my toilet paper when I wiped, but more of a yellow/brown mustard color. I'm not sure if it anything to worry about or not. I was catheterized after my TAH (10/19/16) 6 different times I know of and had Urinary Retention. My Urologist put me on Flomax which I have been taking. I did a urine sample yesterday for the Urologist but he was sending it away for a culture, but nothing on that either.

Anyone experience anything like this? I'm nervous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2016, 05:39 AM
Re: Yellowish something when I urinate like a piece of gum

While I have not experienced this myself, I've got some thoughts which are little more than guesses. You don't say what kind of hysterectomy you had (total, partial, with or without oophorectomy), so I'm assuming you might've had uterus and cervix removed. If so, at this point stitches could be dissolving - that can lead to some brownish or mustard colored discharge and might be "wad-like". It's often noticed during wiping. Here's more on Passing Stitches Vaginally. If this is what is happening, it's normal. Just keep an eye on it.

That you were burning before urinating would make me guess that you are experiencing vaginal dryness (from surgical menopause or your ovaries being offline depending on whether you retained them or not), or had some kind of infection - if not bladder, maybe vaginal which could be confirmed by your gyn doc. If it's vaginal dryness, talk to your doctor about your hormonal needs if you no longer have your ovaries.

Might even be a combo of the two. Without knowing more, the best advice I can give is to run it by your gyn doctor's office. They'll know the right questions to ask to get a better idea of what might be happening.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register