Estrotest | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-24-2005, 01:59 AM
Estrotest

My Dr. called yesterday and is putting
me on Estrotest. I am now just on
the Climara.1 patch that is lasting 3 to 5 days. I have a couple good days and
then the depression, Brain fog,
anxiety, and crying .
I asked my dr. to check my hormones and
he said he did not need to.
I told him i am so tired of feeling like this
I want to feel good. I guess I will give this
a try before I leave the city and go out
of town for help.

I am 50, complete hysterectomy
Ann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2005, 08:27 AM
Estrotest

Hi Ann

I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well. If your patch is running out of estrogen before the end of the week maybe you are one who would do better using a patch which is changed twice a week. There are a lot of women who start out on Climara and change to Vivelle for that very reason. If you are interested you could you ask your doctor about that. Maybe the office has some samples you could try.

The Estratest your doctor is suggesting you use is a combination of esterified estrogens and methyltestosterone. While some women do very well on it, others find the ratio of estrogen to testosterone is off and there is no way to change that ratio. Also, it's a good idea to have your free and total serum levels of testosterone done before using any sort of testosterone. If your levels aren't low, you don't need to take it and you won't like the symptoms of too much testosterone. For your reference, here is a link to symptoms common for too much/too little estrogen, progesterone and testosterone.

If you decide to use the Estratest I hope you find that it is the right hormone therapy for you! Keep us posted on how you are doing, okay?

s
Unread 02-24-2005, 10:57 AM
Estrotest

Hi girls!

I've been on estratest for about a month and I feel pretty good. Too soon to see if it will do the trick! I was on estradaol, but I lost my sex drive and I was moody and edgy & depressed. I've also gained about 10 lb.s that won't come off no matter what I do! The Dr. said this may or may not do the trick. He didn't say anything about having my testosterone levels checked? Think I'll ask him the next time I go in. How long does your Dr. want you to stay on HRT? Just curious because my Dr. said indefinately??

Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2005, 12:49 PM
Estrotest

I feel much better taking the Estratest. I now have energy plus my hot flashes are gone. I've been taking it about a month. I was scared to try it but, so far, my fears have been unfounded. I don't feel as unstable mentally, either.
Unread 02-24-2005, 11:43 PM
How long??

How long did it take to start working? I just took my first tonight.
Ann
Unread 02-25-2005, 08:55 AM
Estrotest

I took about three weeks for it to really kick in. At first I wasn't sure it was working. Everybody is different though. You might feel it's effects earlier.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register