Leg Pain helpppppppp | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Leg Pain helpppppppp Leg Pain helpppppppp

Unread 08-21-2005, 03:31 PM
Leg Pain helpppppppp

Hi all,
I have been having leg pain in my right calf for a week and a half and goes down to my foot.Now the other leg is also starting up.Anyone no what could be going on ?Today I just turned 4 wks.Dont see my GYN anymore either.It almost like a Charley horse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2005, 03:41 PM
Leg Pain helpppppppp

Take and flex your foot towards your body and see if the pain gets worse, if it does you may have a blood clot. I wouldnt suggest rubbing or massaging the legs and I would call the gyn. Are the legs swollen? Warm to touch? Red?

GA
Unread 08-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Leg Pain helpppppppp

My goodness, I just wrote this same post. I had to look at the name to see if it wasn't my post. I am calling my dr. tomorrow. I will update with anything further.
Hope you feel better soon!

Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi

Not that I have really noticed.swollen? Warm to touch? Red? When I was in the castel and they had those white air boots that they put on you they had to take them off early beucase they made me bruse really bad at first. But that was 4 weeks ago.The bruses went away with the first week.I saw my GYN back on the 17th that was the first time I saw her since the castel also she didnt have me set up any more visits unless I had problems come up if not see her in a year for a pap.That day my leg was ok so thats why i didnt bring it up. I use to get leg pain when I was younger but not like this were it has lasted more then a week at a time and also last all day and night to.I do have fibromyalgy but this sure doesnt feel like that at all.I have new Doc that I will see on the 31st guess maybe I should try and get in earlyer or try and get into my GYN just to see what the heck is going on. Hey Tracy please do let me know what is going on with your leg pain also thanks.....
Unread 08-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Leg Pain helpppppppp

I always like to start my posts with a hugssssssssssssssssss... are you on any kind of a diuretic?.. this can cause leg cramps .. also check to see if you're low in sodium.. those are the first two things I would check on .. good luck and get it all checked out .. hugsssss again
Unread 08-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Leg Pain helpppppppp

i had my hyst on July 19th...a few weeks ago i started having this weird feeling in one leg...i was like it was on the verge of going into a charley horse but never did...i looked up on the net some stuff on leg pain and read that leg cramps could be from low potassium...i started eating bananas and after the first banana my legs have been fine...i talked to my friend about it and she said she gets it too every once in a while...its like i needed to move my legs or they would cramp up or totally fall asleep...i have gotten charley horses my entire life but this feeling was different...call your doc but you might want to eat some potassium rich foods (bananas, green leafy vegetables) i also got some over the counter potassium pills in case in starts up again
Unread 08-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Thxs

Thxs 43 f but I'm not on that pill and im sure my sodium is ok also.HI gooy thxs I will check it out also
Unread 08-21-2005, 06:46 PM
Leg Pain helpppppppp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganurse97
Take and flex your foot towards your body and see if the pain gets worse, if it does you may have a blood clot. I wouldnt suggest rubbing or massaging the legs and I would call the gyn. Are the legs swollen? Warm to touch? Red?
I had a blood clot in my leg at 3 weeks post op. I did not have redness, swelling, warmth or any of the symptoms one would expect with a DVT. My *only* symptom was leg pain.

If you can't reach your doctor tonight, please go to the ER. I was told to report any post op leg pain to the doctor. Don't worry that it may be a false alarm....it it's a clot and you wait until tomorrow, it could be too late. Please keep us posted.
Unread 08-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Leg Pain helpppppppp

Are you going to the ER? I would if I were you!!!

Could be something simple - but could be a blood clot and you don't want to mess around with that!!!!

Get it checked out TONIGHT!!!!

let us know!!!
Unread 08-21-2005, 09:55 PM
Leg Pain helpppppppp

Please call your doc and talk to her first thing Monday morning, very important to have a ultrasound to rule out a blood clot.

Assuming there isn't one, my naturopathic doctor said that when you adrenal glands aren't working properly. I was having leg pain as well, had ultrasounds, no blood clot (thank God). She started me on a small dose of DHEA which supports the adrenals and the pain has improved, but isn't gone entirely yet.

Warm hugs to you,
Lori

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register