hormonally confused, please help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hormonally confused, please help! hormonally confused, please help!

Unread 07-24-2006, 08:30 AM
hormonally confused, please help!

Dear sisters,
Figuring out what to do about my hormones is getting me so very confused! I need advice, but I don't even know what questions I should be asking
Here is how I've gotten to where I'm at now. About 5 years ago I was diagnosed with endo. I was put on birth control right away, and have been in it since. The year that I was 21 (I'm 25 now) I was on lupron and had a horrible experience with my medically induced menopause. I was denied hrt then because my doc at the time said that it would defeat the purpose of being on the lupron to make the endo shrink up. So I cheated and took organic soy to help with the menopause symptoms. It did help me a bit. When I was taken off of the lupron I was put back on bc continuously, and I have not technically had a period since august 2002. I have been on provera now since march (10mg per day) to deal with adenomyosis. When I was put on the provera I bled constantly for 4 months. UGH!
Now that I am scheduled for a hyst my doc said that I can go off the provera before surgery if I want because it isn't fixing the problem. I tried to reduce my doseage, but the pain surged immediately and was unbearable.
My hormones have been so messed up and tampered with for the past 5 years now amost, and I don't know what to do post-op. Should I take nothing for a while and let myself balance out before going into hrt? Should I start hrt right away. I know that when I was in the medically induced menopause for a year I lost significant bone density, and am still taking fosamax in an effort to not have osteopenia (I was very very close to having osteoperosis).
Also, my body does not seem to respond to or like synthetic hormones. I want to find a natural/organic way to get the hormones I need post op, but I haven't seen anyone post about that since I've been here. I would like to go back on soy (for estrogen) and maybe do a natural progesterone creme too. I am sooooooo sick of taking pills every day, and if possible I would like to take an organic approach to hrt. I feel like I don't even know where to begin in sorting all of this out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2006, 08:38 AM
natural/organic hrt

Dear sisters,
This post is supplemental to my post on being hormonally confused. I wanted to know if anyone out there has tried any natural or organic methods of hrt, like soy for estrogen or natural (not synthetic) progesterone creme.
My body has never responded well to the barrage of hormone pills that I have been taking for the past 5 years and I want to look into something more natural. Also, when I was on lupron and in a medical menopause I cheated and took soy because I was losing my mind and entire personality to the menopause monster that took over me, and the soy really did help me a lot (my doc wouldn't give me hrt at the time because it would have been counter productive to the lupron). Plus, a friend of mine lost her mother to cancer caused from taking hrt pills after she had a hyst, and that has me a little freaked out too.
Any advice and experiences would be greatly appreciate. Thanks sisters!
Unread 07-24-2006, 09:16 AM
hormonally confused, please help!

I'm sorry you are going throught this. I'm in a similar boat. I had my first surgery for ovarian cysts at 19...then another six months later. Then they started the depo shots in the OR. I bled for four months and then went on HRT to help it cause basically I was having menopause symptoms too. They were trying to salvage what was left of my ovaries so I could have children. Two kids, another lap for ovarian cyst, a TAH-RSO (another cyst), and now a cyst on the remaining partial ovary left, I'm just about fed up!!! I too can not handle BC pills and have probably been on every combination there is over the past 12 years.

I'm 30 and I don't want HRT either...and I'm looking at possibly having the remaining partial ovary removed. I'm very interest in knowing what you find out and how it works for you! keep your chin up! I don't regret the TAH...just that they didn't go ahead and take out both ovaries. I want to be done with the pain...I'll have to battle hormone imbalances and menopause at some point whether it is now or in ten years doesn't really matter to me...I just don't want anymore pain.

Good luck and God Bless!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register