chills & bladder pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

chills & bladder pain chills & bladder pain

Unread 03-27-2010, 07:08 PM
chills & bladder pain

I am taking Estradiol and having chills with no fever and also bladder pain when I go to the bathroom and never feel empty. Does anyone else have this going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Re: chills & bladder pain

Hi

I struggled with both chills and bladder spasms for several months after my surgery. My said both were normal, as she had to remove a lot of adhesions from my bladder, and it too had to heal. The symptoms you are describing sound just like my bladder spasms. It did eventually go away. You should mention them to your though, I have read that there are medications given now to help relax those spasms.

I don't know what causes the chills though, but I suspect it is just from my body using all it's energy towards healing all that was done inside. It wouldn't hurt to mention that to your Dr too though, because what was true for me, may not be true for you.

Let us know what your Dr says.

Kay
Unread 03-27-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anngstewart View Post
I am taking Estradiol and having chills with no fever and also bladder pain when I go to the bathroom and never feel empty. Does anyone else have this going on?
I had the same symptoms... chills - no fever, Bladder Pain/spasms and never feeling empty.. went to the Dr and found out I had a UTI... Please double check this with your Dr! I thought ALL that bladder stuff was normal... Now, I'm on atibiotics and only feel the "regular" pains.

Good luck...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2010, 08:29 AM

HI angstewart.

Yes I had the sensation of not being empty even had a bladder scan and although scan showed completely empty, I still felt i could go again. Only just starting to slowly improve 4 weeks out today !! so yes it is a normal sensation, my doctor said to lean forward when on the loo and rock a bit from side to side. feels very strange but works. give it a try. DO you feel you could pee constantly too? I have this on and off doc gave me some meds fpr over active bladder they take a week or so to notice any improvement but they do help. My bladder is going to be the last place to heal, ( had hughe fibroids crushing bladder) best of healing to you
Unread 04-06-2010, 09:43 AM

Ann I had same issue with the chills. I told my gyn and she upped my Estradiol from 1 mg to 2 mg and no more chills. Hugs to you.
Unread 04-08-2010, 11:09 AM

I went to doctor on April 2 and had to be put back in hospital and just came home yesterday April 7, I had a staff infection so I would say call your doctor when there is any concern.
Unread 04-08-2010, 12:53 PM

HI anngstewart

Sounds horrible. Hope you are on the mend now. poor you. Yes always best to check with doctors I have lived at my doctors these past few weeks. Make sure you rest and look after yourself.

hugs to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register